The sights of the attack

Leo's POV

Running through the guns, bombs, and launchers. I run behind Chloe and Alice to make sure nothing happens to them as we head closer to our guys... That's when I hear some men cry out "We are being pushed back."

Crap this can't be happening fuck Sulleven what are you going to do. I think for a short second. Pulling Alice back she looks at me a tad of confusion on her face.

"I can't..." Before even letting me finish she nods and turns around as I do the same and I jump into the trenches and join my guys in battle fighting alongside them.

Alice's POV

After hearing his footsteps leave with neither of us saying another word. I run faster as I feel my camera wrapped around my neck swaying around and hitting my chest each time it bangs against me.

"Chloe, where exactly are we going?" She points to what seems to be a fully intact building that's far from the fight but still close enough for running distance, I want to say about 25-30 yards away from the front line.

As we keep running all you can hear are the shouts of the soldier's muffled words but the clear words are when they talk about location positions and launching times.

I turn my attention back towards Chloe as she's holding a door open to a half-crumbled building that looks like an old apartment. Luckily the only damage to it is the sides of buildings with what seems to be holes created by booms to the first and second floors.

"Hey, Alice can you get a piece of the crumbled cement and throw it against the stairs so we know where the stabled areas are?"

Looking around I pick up a piece of rock and throw it against the stairs. Because of the impact of the already crumbled rocks, we see most of the small pieces shake. I look at Chloe and she looks back up at me, both of us wondering how are we going to get up there in time to help the front line.

"Hey this may sound stupid but what if I go in front with rocks and throw them against the fallen pieces, so we can make our path with the stable ones?"Chole smiles up at me. "That's actually a great idea, but maybe I should do it and you follow, I wouldn't want harm to come to you." I roll my eyes and reply as nicely as possible. "I'm grateful you want to protect me but I've survived in a lot of different situations this one task won't kill me and it'll get us to the top faster if you don't have to be worrying about throwing rocks while having your sniper and gear on you."

Chole nods agreeing with me. Once we get all the rocks we need; we start making our way up the crumbled hill that used to be stairs. There are a lot more unstabled pieces than I thought, some are jumps apart from each other and some can only hold one at a time. Finally, after getting up to the second floor by having to pull ourselves up, we ran to the rooftop.

Opening the door to the roof, I feel a strong gust of wind that pushes me back as I fight to keep the door open. The sky is darker than earlier due to the sun setting near the eastern northern parts.

We head to the edge of the roof being cautious of the wind. As Chole sets up her snipper and wind detector, I set up my camera and find a viewpoint that shows both sides of the war. The view is beautiful... the way the light from the night sky and bombs going off shows the calm but the chaotic side of everything. I zoom in, to capture one of our guys being dragged by the shoulder with the help of two others shooting rapidly. Looking over to the trenches I can take a picture, it'll be blurry, but you can still make out the heads and guns of the men within the trenches.

Taking my focus away from the front line I look over at Chole and see her with the most determined face as she's looking through her scope on her rifle. Backing away not wanting to miss this shot, I take the camera out of Zoom and snap a picture of her as she's just about to pull the trigger. The sniper wasn't loud since she used a muzzle on it but you can still hear the whisper as it flies. She looks over at me " Are you okay? Do you want to take shots somewhere else?"

I look at her as if she's insane, a war correspondent's job is similar to a snipper higher ground means a better shot. "No I'm fond of this area, I have the best view of both sides." "Okay, well just let me know this may be a very long night"

After that we went back to doing our jobs, I got even more photos of the tanks shooting and then also the Russians being pushed back and turned the other way, that we had to run to the other side of the roof to keep up with them. The Marines were getting tired we could tell because they started taking their tanks and hummer shooting at the Russians. While the Russians were bringing planes to drop bombs on our area, the Marines were also holding their ground.

As I heard a bomber coming down we covered ourselves as much as we could, the shaking of the ground was too much for our equipment. Chloe's tripod with her snipper topped over hitting the edge of the building, luckily it was just in our reach where she reached over still staying low to the ground and she brought back onto the roof. Wow, that was a close call we'd be dead if we lost that.

It was about 20:00 as I could tell by the sky most of the gunners and land battles were coming to an end but the bombs hadn't stopped. I didn't even know we had our bomber planes until I saw a bomb being dropped on the Russian planes as it spun out of control. I stayed flat on the ground as I felt another shake from the plane crashing into the ground..... Or at least that's what I thought. After another shake starts I see the left side of the building crumble to the ground. "Alice!!!" I hear my name being called from Chloe over the loudness of bombs still being dropped. I look over and see her waving her hand calling me over.

Instead of trying to get up and walk over there, I crawl. "Alice, we need to get down from here, and we need to find Sully."

She must be crazy there is no way to get down from this roof, the stairs we came up from crumbled when the bombs hit the area. "Chole, there's no way down, do you not see this building is crumbling down with every bomb that hits?"

Right after I said that I regretted it immediately. I look up to the sky seeing yet another bomber plane coming across.