The Aftermath

Leon's POV

The bombs rained down from the Russian bombers our men scattered into the trenches that were entrenched and designed for this type of situation. We disposed quickly of the invaders of our positions and the ones who tried rushing into them that weren't friendly were cut down. We held fast as the bombs fell I could see the Royal Marines drag their men into the trenches trying to save their brothers. That's when I heard the bombs coming closer and closer to us. We weren't as afraid because the ones you hear won't kill you. It's the ones you don't hear that will.

I was rushing with my rifle through the trenches until suddenly I was ambushed by a Russian soldier he attacked me with his knife knocking me down to the floor. Staggered and disorientated I tried fighting him off but he had me pinned. His blade was close to my throat as he put more pressure down trying to kill me. With all my strength using my free hand, I punched him in the face making him fall back but we both rose to our feet quickly. I picked up my rifle to fire at him. Putting my M16 on burst I fired killing him instantly but as I was about to relax a bomb landed right on top of his lifeless body. The explosion flew me in the air back deeper into the trench. I was shocked and my ears rang from the pressure of the bomb. The bombers were tearing us apart.

I lay there trying to get up with hope dying out, I heard them..... I heard the roaring sound burrier burst as our jets swooped in the air, to destroy the bombers.

I'm slowly able to sit up as the ringing in my ears fades away. Once I recover completely I get up and to my surprise see friendly forces pushing back the enemy further back. Thankfully it's all due to the friendly fighter jets. They are shooting down the bombers which in hand saves us all.

The Russians move out taking their defeat with them but we know this won't be the last of them. I jump out of the trenches, I see the wounded being carried away to the medic area. I look around and am thankful that I see that there are still a lot of us unarmed. I hear a cry not too far away. I follow the sound and see one of the Royal Marines injured in the leg.

There are no gurneys, so I move my rifle to the front of my body. I find a rag already tied around his leg, but it looks loose. I take off my belt and tie it above the gunshot wound. If I learned anything from being in this war is how to save people from bleeding out, and then tighten the rag. As I fireman carry him, we walk to the medic-cub tent that's set up behind the front line.

I find an empty gurney among the living and lay him down. As I'm about to leave I hear my name being called. "Sulleven, where are you going?" I turn around to be faced with a Chinese American Navy Core man. I smile up at her and hug her. "Hey Lee, what's up?" She looks up at me with her hazel eyes and her bright smile. "We'll there's nothing better than fixing up all your sorry asses, but truthfully I need help." Her smile fades and I see worry in her eyes. "Vanessa, what's wrong?" I ask concerned, she's usually always happy and caring when she's around the wounded. Always trying to brighten up their day.

Vanessa Lee is a Navy Core man who's attached to the Marines. When she first got here it was a hard adjustment for her... the guys weren't always taking her seriously until one day she shut them all up with her surgery skills.

"There's just so many and we haven't seen anyone yet come down and help us." Just then we looked up and surprisingly saw something flying down and landing with ease, of course, it was no one other than our favorite pilot....

Captain James Mcvevoy, an Air Force Pilot who is a jack of all trades when it comes to Flying anything that involves the air. He's one of the very few pilots we have as support. He's a very charismatic guy like any Fly Boy pilot. Seeing that Captain Mcevoy has landed at the extraction point. We see him step out of his Black Hawk helicopter to come help load the wounded. Lee helps me bring the Royal Marine to the extraction point.