11 ➶ THE BOOK OF REVELATION

CHAPTER 11 THE BOOK OF REVELATION

CHAPTER 11 ➶ THE BOOK OF REVELATION

CARA LONGWOOD

"Michael!" I screamed, seeing him being engulfed in the flames. It seemed like he couldn't see nor hear me. I shouted his name repeatedly, but he didn't notice. His head was tilted backwards, and he didn't seem to respond to the fire. He didn't look hurt or in pain.

His head returns back to the normal orientation, now facing me. I called out to him once more, and now I knew he saw me. He didn't say a word. There was a moment of exchanging stares, until he lunges towards me unexpectedly. I flinched and covered my face, seeing that the fire was approaching me as well.

I closed my eyes but when I opened them, a blinding light was in front of me. The flames, the darkness, and Michael was gone. I squinted at the brightness, not knowing where it came from.

"You disappoint me."

"What?" I asked in confusion. I try to take a glimpse of who was speaking, but no figure nor shadow was present. "Open your eyes."

I woke up, this time, in my own bed. The dream felt compeltely random and weird. I shrugged it off, leaving my bed. I made my bed before I decided to tend to my hygiene.

It felt refreshing to have a shower. The lukewarm water descended down my bare body, as I scrubbed my skin. I felt an odd sensation coming from my left foot, but I shrugged it off as water running down.

A little while I felt the movement on my foot going the opposite way of the water, it felt like something was slithering, making me nervous. I looked down, and screamed as loud as I could in fear. There was a snake on my foot. I tried to slide open the shower door, but it wouldn't open.

"Help!" I repeated over and over again. I used all of my force to try and open the door, and still it wouldn't bulge. The snake slowly slithered to the corner where I stayed.

"What the hell is going on here?" I hear a female voice approaching my door. I thanked God that I forgot to lock the bathroom door. Mead slams the door open, noticing my state of panic.

She approaches the shower door, and managed to slide it open without much work. I realized I was naked, so I crossed my legs and covered my chest with my arms.

She looked to see what was going on and saw the snake without much fear as I had. "Another case of snakes." I quickly jump out of the shower, covering myself with the towel placed on the marble counter.

I was dripping wet, watching Mead trying to handle the snake situation. "How the hell did a snake get into your shower?" She asked me with her back turned, I couldn't see what she was doing with the snake.

"I don't know. It wasn't there when I got in. I just suddenly felt it on my foot." It wasn't long enough until Michael showed up as well. He looked at me and then at Mead, trying to see what the commotion was all about. "What's happening here?"

"There appears to be a snake in Miss Longwood's shower." She holds up the snake, makkng me flinch slightly. She didn't seem afraid of it at all. Michael didn't look terrified too. He started intently at the snake, as if he recognized it like a pet.

"You can leave now. Go change in the other spare rooms." The thought of the spare rooms made me feel distressed. I remembered why the rooms were spare: Almost everyone who occupied them were dead.

I nod at his statement, leaving my bathroom. I pick up the clothes on my bed while holding the towel that covered my body with the other hand. "What do we do with this?" I overhear Mead ask the man.

"I'll take care of this serpent."

***

"I'm sorry you had to experience the unprecedented situation." Michael told me. I sat on his bed, trying to gather my thoughts. I was overthinking once again. "What are you thinking of?"

"How it's the end of the world and it's happening so slowly." I told him. Everything seemed bizzare, how long I survived the end of the world. "I'm guessing this concept of the end of the world doesn't exactly match up with your religion's concept?"

"The beast will rise and will reign over the earth for a period of time. Rapture. Cleansing." I described. He didn't share the same religion or beliefs as me for sure.

He looked at me, puzzled. "The Antichrist." He replied. "Yeah. He's the most evil creature to walk this earth, but many people will perceive him as a good leader. Attractive. Clever. Every quality that can attract someone—"

"And he might just be on this Earth already." I finished. One of his hand grazes over my left cheek, saying "Does that terrify you?"

"No." He looked surprised with my answer. "I'm a child of God, why would I fear him?" I smiled. My mother once said I shouldn't fear the rapture or the final judgment, I needed to assure myself that I was saved even before I was born.

"What's your religion anyways? Or do you not have one?" I asked him in curiosity. "That's another subject for another time." He stood up and approached his desk. "How does the reign of the Antichrist end?" He asked as his gaze was just down on his wooden desk.

"Well, it's a long story in the Bible, but long story short he is defeated together with Satan. They are casted into the fiery pits of hell once again." I explained as concise as I could.

Someone knocked on the door twice before opening. It was Mead, who looked like she was going to talk to Michael. They exchanged glances, and it looked like they were thinking of the same thing.

Mead looks at me. "Miss Longwood, will you give us a moment?" She asked me, but it was more of a command than a question. I simply nodded and left the room. I felt curious, but I didn't want to eavesdrop and get caught.

***

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE SERPENT?"

"I killed it like you asked me to." Mead answered, walking around the room. "I'm assuming my guess was correct?" She added. Michael looked displeased with the situation. He nodded to affirm her assumption.

"Indeed. It was my Father."

SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT, I WANTED TO END IT WITH THAT ^^ LAST SENTENCE AKAJSJJJ