REvelatioN

My training had just ended, and it was Andy's turn. Usually, we will watch each other's training to give support in spirit.

Andy's training today involved him breaking through several walls; each wall stronger than the last. Apparently, this is a stimulation of an upcoming operation.

I was looking over Andy from the viewing room with Reeva and Sage. I had a sense that there was something up with him. I could not put my finger to it but I had a feeling since breakfast.

He was not his usual self and seemed tired. He could not even made his coffee right this morning.  He told Lorna and I that he stayed up playing League of Legends.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard someone groaning in pain. My eyes immediately averted to Andy who was lying down on the floor. He did not manage to break through the last wall.

My eyes then went to look at Reeva. I could not make out what she was thinking but she did not seem pleased. At that moment, I felt worried for Andy.

During my here, I have learnt to pick up Reeva's mood, seeing that she is in charge of the Inner Circle and I had to be wary.

She seemed fair-minded and welcoming at first, but I could sense that she was not one to be crossed with. I did not even know what her power was, which made me even more nervous to get onto her bad side.

The training ended soon after. It seemed that Andy was not able to focus for today. I overheard the conversation between Reeva and Sage.

Reeva wants an assignment for Fade, another mutant I came to know in my time here at the Inner Circle. My curiousity was peaked, knowing it must be some sort of stealth assignment given the nature of his abilities.

I made a quiet exit and went to look for Andy. He looked even more glum than before.

"Hey. Are you alright?" I spoke once I caught up to him.

"No-it's nothing." He shook off my question.

"Hey, you know you can talk to me right? I'm here for you always." I was not hoping for an answer, but I hoped that he could share with me what's going on in his mind.

"Yeah, it's just-" Andy started to talk before hesitating to continue.

"What?" I pressed on.

He pulled me to his room before closing the door. He sat down on his bed and clasped his hands together before speaking.

"I have been getting dreams of my sister." Andy paused for a moment before continuing.

"It was not a good dream. We were holding hands. I told you about what my sister and I are capable of when we're together right? She didn't want to join hands and she fell off the roof of a building." Crap, that does not sound good indeed.

"It's bothering me so that's why I messed up today during training."

"You're homesick. You miss her and your family." I gave my input to what he has been really feeling.

"No-I mean I don't know. This is my home now." Andy tried to brush the matter off.

"No, home is where family is. And I mean your real family, not this." I told him as I gestured to the whole room.

"What are you thinking of?" I asked as I see a hardened look on his face.

"I'm just wondering if I should-" He said before going into a long pause.

"Should what?" I prompted him to continue.

"Should see her again. I don't know. Maybe somehow know how's she doing." I could hear the pain in Andy's voice.