REckless

I was standing in the room with Lorna and the Frost Sisters. Last night, I got woken up to the Lorna's cry for help. It turns out Dawn was sick. The Frost Sisters immediately called the doctor in to help. I stood by Lorna for support and stayed up with her in her room.

She sent me back to my room halfway so I could get some proper rest. I went back to bed around 4am in the morning and came back to check on the situation around 9am later.

I just entered the room to be greeted by an ongoing argument. Apparently, Dawn was diagnosed with a several case of Jaundice and the regular light therapy will not be able to help. The doctor suggested asking for Dawn's father to help given the nature of his power.

Lorna and the Frost Sisters were arguing about asking for help from Marcos- I caught the name during the exchange.

"Shouldn't the priority be curing Dawn? The ends justify the means, right?" I interjected out of the blue.

I could see a glare thrown by way from Phoebe. After getting used to the Inner Circle, I have gotten used to the Frost Sisters and learned to recognized each sister's distinct personality. Phoebe was the sassier one- which translates to intimidating.

"Exactly, thank you Ren. Marcos is the answer." Lorna said with finality in a tone. No one was going to change her mind.

"Lorna's right. The child needs her father." Reeva spoke as she entered the room.

I was taken aback by her sudden appearance and jumped in my spot. I could see that the Frost Sisters were shocked too, but more by Reeva's words.

I didn't fully understood the situation. I understood that Marcos- Dawn's father is away from Lorna and Dawn, but I didn't know why. The Frost Sisters speak of him as someone who's not an ally, so I wonder who he is and what kind of person he is. Lorna never though to share with me the details before either and I did not wanted to press her for them.

I did knew someone who might have the answer. I quickly made my way to Andy's room and did not bother knocking the door. I knew he was knocked out from playing video games the whole night.

He also stayed up with me to accompany Lorna through the first half of the night before getting sent back too. He told me he was going to play League of Legends again since he didn't felt like he could go back to bed immediately. I took a look into his room before I left for Lorna's in the morning and he was out.

As I entered his room to reach to him, I almost tripped over the wires of the controller and went to roll them up before putting them aside. I went to the side of his bed and could see him sprawled out on the bed and could even make out a quiet snore. My hand reached out to flattened the stray strands of his hair sticking out a like bird's nest.

Andy let out a humming sound as soon as I did that and his hands immediately went to grab mine.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I got taken by surprise. He grabbed my left hand and turned to the side away from me, cradling it like a pillow. I snorted at his actions before wriggling my fingers under his chin in an attempt to wake him up.

He slowly started to smile and that's when I knew he had woken up for sure. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking in on you. Late night?" I asked to which he responded with a big yawn.

"How's Dawn?" He asked sleepily with eyes closed. He turned to face my side but continued holding onto my hand.

"Not great. Doctor says she needs a stronger therapy. He suggested for Dawn's father to come in and help." I answered him, wary of what I wanted to ask next.