REmemberaNce

The first thing that happened when I regained consciousness was to move my body. I couldn't do it. Every muscle I tried to wiggle only returned with an aching pain.

My eyelids felt heavy and I wasn't able to open them immediately. I tried to listen out for my surroundings and could hear the beeping sound from a machine.

Am I dead?

Not a moment too soon, I could hear some voices talking.

"It's already almost three days. How is she not waking up?" An anxious voice spoke up.

"Andy, the doctor said Ren suffered a concussion. It's quite serious and it will have to take time."

"I know, I'm just- worried. She's always pushing herself."

"I know. She works harder than any of us in the training room. I already told Reeva that it was getting out of hand but she refuses to listen." Lorna adder with a sigh. I could hear the worry in her tone.

"Reeva must have some big plans for Ren. It's crazy that we don't even know what it is." Andy sounded almost anxious.

I could feel Andy grabbing my left hand and resting his cheek on it. His familiar touch provided me comfort even while I'm semi conscious.

"As if that's anything new from her." Lorna's remark oozed with sarcasm. I could just imagine her expression with her arms crossed vividly in my mind.

Come on, I want to wake up.

I willed myself to move the muscles in my eyelids. As I managed to open a small crack, the searing white light forced me to close my eyes shut. I let out a groan and could feel the coarseness of my voice along with the cracking of my dry lips.

"She's awake! Lorna, she's awake!" Andy said excitedly.

"I will go get the doctor." Lorna responded immediately and I could hear the sound of the door opening and closing.

"W-water." I croaked out barely.

"Oh-okay. Just hang on a second, I'm gonna get it for you." Andy spoke hurriedly, I could hear the shuffling of his feet and the sound of things moving.

In the next moment, I could feel my bed being lifted up in a comfortable angle between lying and sitting. I still couldn't open my eyes but I could feel Andy placing the cup near my lips.

He tilted it at an angle for me to drink. The water quenched my thirst as if I found an oasis in the desert.

I tried once more to open my eyes but the light was too glaring. I covered my eyes with my hand and opened a gap to slowly take a peek, adjusting myself to the lighting. Blinking several times, I slowly got used to the light.

Before I knew it, Andy appeared in my vision. I involuntarily smiled at the sight of him. He looked almost relieved and went to bury my face in his shoulders.

I could feel him giving me a kiss on the forehead before he murmured.

"I'm so glad you're awake. You had me so worried."

I didn't reply as I took in the warmth and comfort he provided. Knowing he was worried made me feel loved and guilty at the same time. I continued to lean into him before I heard the sound of rushing footsteps.

We pulled apart and I saw that other Lorna and the doctor, Reeva and the Frost sisters came into my ward.

The doctor proceeded to conduct some checks on me to see if I was well. He checked my vision and asked how I was feeling at the moment.