REsurgeNce

I was asked to join for the training for the new recruits. It was a joint exercise and everyone was in the room.

As I saw the three recent recruits practicing their usual routine, Max charging the target, Heather teleporting them away this time and Tico sending the final blast of shockwaves.

"That was insane." Andy remarked in awe. I couldn't stop myself from giving an eye roll.

Lorna joined in as she said "Nice trick."

"I can do that just on my own." I muttered under my breath. Andy turned to me as he heard what I said and gave me a nudge.

I returned him an innocent expression.

Max made his way over to Lorna with a gleeful look.

"Yeah, you just got to rub things the right way. Maybe I can show you sometime." He said with a cocky tone.

I made a gagging expression and even then I couldn't care about the distasteful looks thrown my way.

I smirked as Lorna brushed his flirtatious act aside.

"So, we're blowing up statues now?" She asked curiously. Max explained that if they got it right, it will be much more than statues.

"Scale this up, it can take down a whole building down the same way." A building? Is that part of Reeva's plan next?

I was starting to get a little restless as Tico and Heather moved the next column for practice. I let out a sigh as I moved behind to wrap my arms around Andy's waist and lean my chin on his shoulder.

We exchanged a fond glance before he went back to watching the rest intently with his hands holding onto mine.

I let my eye wandered and as my gaze turned aside, I saw Lorna intentionally bringing a knife to make a cut on her arm.

My eyes widened at what happened and I lifted my chin off Andy's shoulder. I frowned at the thought of why she did that.

"Woah. Are you okay?" Andy asked in concern.

"No, it's nothing. I just got sloppy." Lorna reassured.

"Hey, I uh sprung a leak here. Gonna clean this up." Lorna said to Esme who was in the viewing room.

I went after her just as she was about to leave. "Be careful. Check on you later?" I said as I studied her expression.

I was not stupid to expose whatever she was doing or hiding. But I knew that I had to confront her about it.

"Yeah, sure." She replied with a grateful smile before she left the training room.

Everyone in the room exchanged glances before training went on as usual.
________________________________
In recent developments, Andy agreed to let the Frost sisters use his psychic connection with Lauren to reach out to her.

I knew it wasn't my place to say anything especially in front of the sisters. I did not want to add onto any more bad rep from last time.

I was alone in my room and left to my own devices. I wasn't in the mood to watch movies so I took a seat near the big window in my room.

My eyes wandered to the view outside. The buildings and green landscape brought a tranquility to my mind.

I fiddled with my family ring in my hand and brought it to my eye level. I turned to look at it from different angles, admiring the strange carvings on it.

The band was rather thick for the current style of rings but it made it seem sturdy. The centre of the ring had a carving of a circle where a stone rested.