"Mum, can I sit with Patrick?", I yelled out to my mother, pointing at the kitchen counter. She was cooking something I don't know, so I'd rather not tell what it is than bother to even ask.

"Patrick isn't real, honey.", my mum sighed. Ever since I was brought to the therapist, Patrick has existed. He's been with me, and there's no proof that he's not real! I can feel him, hear him, talk to him and he even sings. There is no way that-

"But, sure, you could come and sit on the counter.", mum nodded, I lifted myself up the kitchen counter. She looked at me and smiled. "My little boy, all grown up.", she said, ruffling my hair and went back to cooking. I stared, and looked at Patrick.

"Doesn't it smell good, Pat?", I looked at him. He nodded.

"Ma, Patrick says it smells good.", I said with a smile, looking back at my mum. She had a smile of worry, though she didn't look back at me, so I looked down the ground.

I felt a hand run against my back, it was Patrick's. I smiled at him and he reciprocated. He was the only friend I ever had, and I refuse to believe the people who theorize that he's unreal. He is real and I can see him. There's no lie.

- -

Mum placed two plates on the table, one for me and one for her. But it felt like something's missing.

"Mum, what about Patrick?", I looked up at her. She looked down at me with a concerned look. "Have you asked Patrick if he wants to eat?", she asked. I shook my head and faced Patrick.

"So, do you want to eat?"

"No thanks, I'm full. I just had two bowls of cereal!", he giggled, which made me giggle too. I looked back up at my mum. "Ma, he said he's full.", I smiled and smiled back.

"You know, Pete. You really should get a friend.", she says, sitting on her chair in front of me.

"Patrick is a friend. He's my friend.", I didn't pay attention to look at her, all I did was eat.

"Oh, you know, a real friend.", she was hesitant to say it. I snapped up and looked at her, "But, ma. How many times do I have to say this? Patrick is real!", I yelled, Patrick calming me down by putting his hand over mine.

"Pete, calm down. I'm real, I'm real.", I looked at him, and I could see two lively blue eyes. I had to smile, since I'm lucky that he is my friend. Although, I don't like how people treat him. He deserves better.

"I know you're real. Mum just doesn't understand.", I turned my teary glare to my mum, and she gave me a sad look. "I'm sorry, Pete. But that's what you really need to do.", she said calmly.

I sat back on my chair and continued eating, avoiding anything or anyone else except for Patrick.

- -

"Ma, Patrick wants to go home. Can I take him home?", I asked her.

She shook her head. "No, it's already late.", pressing her temples. "Please?", I pleaded, but it didn't make any progress.

"Let him go home by himself, if ever he has a home.", she shrugged and went to her and Papa's room. I climbed back upstairs with her and went in mine, creaking the door open. I saw Patrick sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey."

"Hey. Ma said that you should go home by yourself.", I looked at the ground, peeking at the door. "But I won't let that happen.", and I received a smile from him.

"Are we gonna escape?", he giggled. It was so cute. I entered the room and sat beside him. I shook my head.

"No, silly! I don't want to be scolded. I just preferred that you'll sleep here!", I clapped my hands excitedly, receiving a huge and genuine smile from him.

"Really?!", he assured, I nodded. "And you're gonna wear my Batman pyjamas!", I cheered, then tackled him to the bed. We were laughing, and we were happy. Though, the words that people say about Patrick still worried me on the inside.

- -

I can't believe I slept with Patrick yesterday. I couldn't help but look and stare at the wall and think about it, that I almost never even hear my mum call me out for breakfast.

"Peter!", she yelled from downstairs, I was startled.

"Coming!", I yelled back. I quickly went downstairs and was greeted with a bowl of cereal, but no Patrick.

"Mum,"

She nodded in response. "Yes?"

"Where's Patrick?"

"Man, I wouldn't know. I never see him.", she shrugged. "He might've been just your coping mechanism.", and gave me a sigh. It made me wonder, was Patrick really not real? I don't know. I don't want to know if he isn't. All I need right now is him, my friend.

"O-okay.", I sat down, taking the spoon to scoop up my cereal. "I know he'll come back sooner.", and I smiled. I was sure.

She nodded, then drank her coffee. Once I finished mine, I placed it in the sink and washed my hands before asking my mum for permission.

"Ma, can I go out?"

"To where?", she tilted her head.

"To Patrick's house.", I smiled. "Please?", I was so desperate to see Patrick today. He was suddenly gone from my bed, and he didn't even ask me permission if he wanted to go home already.

"But, honey,", she paused, "Patrick's- Patrick's not real."

I didn't mind. She tells me that everyday, ever since I met Patrick. And it's not fair, she makes friends so easily.

"I can go, right? Please just answer with yes or no.", I looked up at her with pleading eyes. She nodded with a worried smile on her face.

"Okay, fine. Just get back here before 3 PM, okay?", I nodded, wore my coat and went out to the abandoned park.

- -

A/N ; So uh here's a chapter finished! I'll upload new chapters every 1 or 2 days, because I don't write them all continuously. Heh. Please vote and comment if you want this story to be updated more often! I'll make it longer if you do. yiieeEeeE