六 - filler

I checked my phone. The time is 5:52 in the morning, and I have 15 missed calls from mum. Patrick is beside me, sleeping soundly. I don't know if I should go home immediately, though. I feel guilty for ditching my birthday. Especially mum.

I call her back.

"Ma..?", I whisper, not even moving a bit away from Patrick. Instead, I tighten my grip on his slim hips.

"Peter, where are you?"

"Please call me Pete. Peter reminds me of dad, and I don't like it."

"Okay, Pete.", she chuckled. I sighed in relief, she wasn't angry. "Where are you?"

"I'm at Patrick's. I'm sorry I couldn't go home, I fell asleep.", I reasoned. She hummed. She was so laid-back, that it shocked me.

"It's okay, honey. It was your birthday. You can do anything you want. Please come home before lunch, though. Someone is paying a visit.", I could hear her smile through her voice. I hummed.

"Okay, mum. I'll be there.", we said our goodbyes and hung up. Patrick's head was laid flat on my right arm, while my left arm was wrapped around his hips. We weren't a couple, but I wished we were.

I giggled at the thought. I'm still sleepy, though.

I gently stuff Patrick's head on my neck, while I caressed his hair. It was so fluffy. I didn't notice that I fell asleep.

- -

"Hey. Wake up, sleepy head.", Patrick giggled in front of me, which made me wake up. He was poking me with a stick. I could see a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal on the little table in front of us.

"You literally went home to prepare these?", I sat up, chuckling. He nodded excitedly. "I made them, too!", and exclaimed in such an adorable tone.

"Wow, thanks.", I say, hugging him closer. I pulled his hips up to reach mine. I could feel his arms wrap back at me, his head burying my neck and shoulder. I hold tighter.

"W-wait, Pete, I can't breathe-"

"Sorry!", I chuckled, letting go of him. I grew up to be taller than him, so that's one point for Pete Wentz!

We sat down beside each other and started consuming our breakfast. Patrick prepares the best cereals, and that's why I never regret being his friend.

"Hey.", I called, smirking at him.

"What?"

"I have to go home by lunch.", I said. "Wanna come with me?"

He nodded, smiling. Milk was covering his upper lip, so we both chuckle at the sight. He licked them off after, thtough.

- -

I knocked on the door, holding Patrick by the hand. No response.

Mum could be out. Guess, I'll have to enter it myself.

I shrugged, looked at Patrick before opening the door.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

Shattered vase, bloody sofa, broken plates, static TV. It's a mess. I didn't expect-

Mom.