"Do I really have to move there?", I answered my aunt. Now that I don't have both my parents by my side, the hospital suggested that I live with other relatives. I'd rather live with Patrick than to share a house with annoying cousins.

"Yes, Pete. You should. Though, your mum's house is yours. You can visit there whenever you want.", she replied. I smiled, it was a relief. I have the custody of this house, so I basically own it. They can't sell this. Patrick, Mum and I had memories here that I don't want to let go of yet.

The bad thing is, I won't get to see Patrick. Well, I could, but it would be too hard. My aunt lives in L.A., and this is Chicago. That's a little too far away for me.

"Okay, auntie. What time will you guys come to pick me up?", I asked her. "Probably around.. 7 PM, yeah?", she responded. I replied with a hum.

"Okay, bye.", I halted the call. The police were here yesterday to clean up the mess made by the culprit. After three days of the funeral, I began to lose interest on finding the suspect. There was no hope, anyway. I've lost courage.

Patrick's in the house with me, though he's really quiet. I don't even think he made a sound for the past 2 hours. I walked up to him, sitting with him on the sofa while my arms wraps around him. I pulled him closer to me, not too close.

"What's up?", I tried to start a topic. I was trying so hard, but he only looked up at me and smiled softly. He was so cute, I couldn't help but kiss him lightly on the cheek. He finally giggled.

"I'm just a little sad. That you're leaving.", he then looked down, intertwining our hands. "I don't want you to go.", he wept, but kept that cute smile on his face.

"I don't want to leave, either. But I need to.", I sniffed a little, keeping tears away from my cheeks by wiping them off immediately. "Besides, I could still visit you.", I smiled, looking up at him. I made a cheery expression, and he suddenly hugged me. I got startled for a bit, but i hugged him back.

I'll miss you, Patrick.

- -

I sat alone on the sofa, leaning lazily as I watch TV. Tears have stained my hoodie, Patrick already left. I heard a knock on the door and a call for my name.

"Pete, open up! We're here to pick you!", it was my aunt's voice. I haven't even prepared my stuff, but whatever. I got up lazily and opened the front door.

"Hi.", I smiled. She looked over me. "Pete, you haven't prepared anything, have you?", and had a completely disappointed look. I nervously smiled, "I forgot.", and lied.

"Ugh, you never get things done. Let me help you.", she entered for herself, I climbed up the stairs and fetched my clothes and my bass. Well, I don't think I'll bring my bass. I'll just have to leave it here until I come back.

I went downstairs and had my clothes on my bag. Aunt fetched the excess bag of  chips and biscuits I had on the refrigerator. I grabbed my phone from the sofa and plugged in my ear buds. She went out first, then I proceeded to turn off all electricity and locked the doors.

"Where are Joshua and Frank?", I asked her before entering the car. "I left them home. Well, it's for the best.", she shrugged and chuckled and hopped onto the driver's seat. I sat on the passenger seat, the windows rolling up. I started to cry as I see my house from the distance while my aunt drives away.

Goodbye, Chicago.

- -

a.n: so Pete is leaving- and it's the end. what'll happen??? hMmM

I'll post a sequel tomorrow or next week. thanks for reading!