A bleeding, lifeless and pale body greeted me as I enter the kitchen. It was mum.

I can't believe someone could do this.

I thought to myself, Patrick gasped beside me. I forced myself to stay expressionless, avoiding tears.

"Should we call an ambulance-"

"No, there's no use. She's already dead. Pale dead.", I responded, kneeling down to check the body's pulse. Dead, it is.

"Whoever did this-"

I cut him off again, "Deserves to fucking die the same goddamn way.", and glared at the footprints left by the culprit.

Regarding that I'm a minor, and my father has legally left us, I could go and live in a shelter- which isn't what I want to happen. Patrick wouldn't be with me.

I still have to call an ambulance. To dispose of the body. I really can't believe, that someone could do this to such a humble woman. She doesn't even have rivals. Maybe-

"That's it, you keep cutting me off. I'm dialing the number.", Patrick nodded, heading to our telephone. He dialed the three digits, the signal was buffering.

Patrick called me after a few minutes, signaling me to come to the phone. "Take it, they kept saying that they can't hear me.", and handed the device to me.

I gave them all the information I know, and answered every question with whole honesty.

I don't get it.

- -

"So, your name is Peter Lues Kingston Wentz?"

"No, it's Lewis. The third."

"Oh, so I see. And what is your relationship with the patient?"

"She's my mother. Dale Wentz."

"Right, okay. You can visit her at the morgue."

"Thank you.", I shed a small tear. I wasn't happy, or sad, nor were I angry. I had mixed feelings. I didn't want mum to die, I didn't want to be away from Patrick.

Patrick held my hand on the way to the morgue. A nurse on my other side guided me to where mum's body is. I could feel Patrick softly brushing his hair on my shoulder. I didn't turn, though. The sight of my mother's dead body just made me cry. I wasn't sad. Or angry.

Maybe, both. I guess. My brain is blank at the moment. I didn't know how to feel.

- -

A/N ; tis very short.