6

Sinclair POV

I stared down at Kida with a small smile listening to her snores and little pants. I ran my fingers through my hair, carefully sliding out of bed and walking to the living room where I started pacing like my life depended on it.

'You have to tell her' Arson, my demon's voice sounded in my head and I quickly shook my head no. How could I tell the woman I loved that I wasn't hers, that would break her heart. I couldn't do that.

When I first laid eyes on her, I knew I couldn't go through with the stupid plan in the first place. Everything about her reeled me in her scent, her smile, her laugh those were the things I fell for, her body was just a plus. I tried for months to stay away but I needed to see her vulnerability, just once. My incubus took over and she had her first dream. It was addicting really watching her squirm and moan. Her brown skin drenched in sweat, her panting, the way her nails dig into her palms and her toes curl. I couldn't get enough and it became an everyday thing and then I found out the apartment next to hers was for rent, it was the perfect opportunity.

I played with her a little, making her believe it was all over and giving her hot heat every time she passed me by or was in close proximity, then the club thing happened and I was so furious, I couldn't have let that guy live another second. Her first punishment the way her ass jiggled every time I hit and the way my hand print fit perfectly in the middle.

Most incubi just fuck everyday with their mates but Kida allowed me to see other things other than that. Like taking walks together and talking about goals and ambitions, Disney movie marathons, reading books and telling each other our favourite parts. She was just such a beautiful, caring soul and she so easy to please and so fucking cute it hurts.

'You still have to tell her. They've caught of our little stunt and of our mate. They know she exists not who see is. They're going to be coming for you and if they find out about her they will kill her'

I wanted to punch something or slit a throat much preferably slit a throat. Why'd it have to be this way? I ran the fuck away obviously I don't want to be there, can't they just leave me alone.

I'm not gonna let them take her from me, over my cold, dead heartless body.

I heard a whimper from the bedroom and I rushed in thinking something was wrong, only to see Kida was feeling around the bed for me and I chuckled stepping over and putting my hand in her reach.

She smiled when she held it  lacing our fingers before continuing to snore and my heart swelled. It's been doing that a lot lately, beating out of control when I'm around her, skipping beats when she laughs or smiles. She throws her head back or covers her face when she laughs and her eyes crinkle and her dimples come.

I let go her hand, getting back into bed and bringing her close to me.

"I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you babygirl. My Kida-Rose" I kissed her forehead. Never.

A few days later

"Where are we going on our date tonight Sinny" it was blazing hot outside and babygirl and I were taking a stroll through the campus since she's on lunch right now. She was teasing me, well she didn't know she was, but she was.

The rainbow coloured popsicle in her hand was so damn lucky. Once she asked me the question, she wrapped her lips around the frozen treat again pushing it in her mouth and visibly sucking before pulling it out with a pop.

Today she wore a pair of baggy jeans and a white tank top with converse. Her hair was slicked up in two space buns and she effortlessly looked delicious.

"Sinny. Sinclair!" She waved her hand in front my face and I blinked.

"Yes princess" I smiled triumphantly seeing as her cheeks darkened considerably.

"Where are we going on her date?" Why'd she have to pout when she asked my to buy that popsicle. She licked it from bottom to top and I closed my eyes feeling Arson ready to surface. Hades knows if he comes out fully there's no turning back.

I leaned down to her ear whispering dangerously low.

"Babygirl if you don't stop that daddy is gonna have to put something else in your mouth for you to suck" I kissed a spot behind her ear and she shivered.

"Sinclair why are you so damn nasty it's a popsicle" she rolled her eyes and me, giving me a 'stop it' look and I huffed.

"Fine" we walked hand in hand talking about random things and how I already had her outfit for our date chosen so she didn't have to worry about anything. She wasn't slick trying to get me to spill the beans by giving me that stupid excuse, it was gonna be a surprise no matter ho hard she tried.

The popsicle finally finished and she through the stick away. I wiped the corners of her mouth cupping her cheeks and she leaned into my hold.

"I have to go to class now but I'll see you later" she took her bag from me slinging it over her shoulder before pecking my lips and running up the steps to her class. I watched her disappear behind the double doors.

"So that's you're new fuck toy everyone's talking about? She's a thick one. Didn't think that was your type" my eyes snapped to the source of the voice and I wanted to kill him then and there.

"That's none of your business Heath" I sneered at the man, dressed in all black, smoking a cigarette. His mismatched eyes scanned my own and he puffed out a cloud of smoke. Heath Gambino, my stupid uncle and one of their little helpers.  If he knew where I was they definitely did.

"They're closing in quick so you better move quick. They want you back by any means necessary, they'll take out anyone in their path that means your little lady friend" I growled at him and he raised his arms in surrender.

"I'm just tryna help you. I know what it's like to lose a mate. Your incubus goes into a frenzy, its a blood bath we don't need" he stood up, flicking the cigarette bud to the side and dusting off his pants.

"Just remember who and what you're dealing with Sinclair, you might think you're strong but they're stronger. There's only one thing that could make you strong enough to beat them....." I kicked the gravel on the ground shaking my head.

"As much as I'd love that, she's not ready and I couldn't do that her, taint her, tie her to me forever" I stared up at the clear blue sky. Kida would always look up at the sky and choose the most blob looking cloud and tell me it's something that doesn't even make sense, like a two headed giraffe.

"You might just have to if you wanna survive"