Chapter 16|| 15 Hour Sleep

Jimin was in the bathroom. He was kneeling over the bathtub there he placed his shirt in cold water trying to get the blood stain out as much as possible. When he decided to take a while to calm down he let the shirt float around a bit in the cold water as it slowly started to change in a light orangey colour. He turned his back so it was resting on the bathrub, by now he changed his shirt to a black one but he kept on thinking about what has happened around five minutes ago.

What was the point in doing that Jungkook?

I thought you didn't want anything to do with me but you go and do something like that.

He thinks to himself as he looks down on his bandaged hand. "I just can't seem to understand you.. That makes me go crazy you know.." He says to himself as if that's going to help him out right now. Maybe somehow he was hoping that Jungkook was near to hear that but at the same time he hoped he didn't. It was a troublesome thing for Jimin. Reasently he's just been bothered by the small things Jungkook has done towards him that were out of the ordinary. Or the things that seemed like something Jimin should be bothered about. He can't put it into a word but something just pushes him all the time to focus on stupid things that happen that a normal person would not consider stupid or wierd. Well, Jimin obviously thinks otherwise.

Snapping out of the train of thoughts he sat up and turned to try and fix the stain on the shirt once more, of course it had a little effect even with soap. "I guess this shirt is becoming my messy shirt for cleaning and such.." He said to himself sighning that he could not save his shirt. He lifted the shirt up while twisting it to let most of the water out. After that he hung it on a radiator so it would dry faster even though it is turned off right now. He let the water out of the tub then washed and dried his hands. The impact of warm water on his right hand did cause a bit of trouble for him but he really needs to man-up sometimes so he just gritted his teeth and dealt with it. Finally he decided it was about time to go back to sleep. He left the bathroom to walk into his room where Sunmi was sound asleep.

While sitting down on his 'bed' he looked at his phone that was on charge. It was already 3AM in the morning and he really needed to sleep unless he wants to wake up at four or five in the afternoon, which wouldn't be considered a good thing due to it being New Years Eve. So without much fussing about he layed down and fell asleep soon after.

~*~

The sound of people talking rather loudly suddenly woke Jimin up. He didn't feel like he got much sleep at all, actually it felt like he didn't sleep to begin with but that must not be the case since he fell asleep at 3.15-3.30AM and now it's obviously day as he just got blinded by the sun. Finally he sat up from the mattress he's been sleeping on for the past three days and rubbed his eye with his left hand, he then got up properly and decided to check out the commotion downstairs. When he stepped into the kitchen he was met with Sunmi, Jungkook and his mom who were currently helping to prepare snacks and actuall food for the New Years Eve. Soon he was noticed by his mom. "Ah, Jimin. About time you woke up, what time did you go to sleep last night?" His mom asked stopping whatever she was doing and walked up to her son to greet him. Jimin shrug his shoulders still yawning. That's when his moms eyes went wide. "Omo! What happened to your hand?!" She asks and that's when Jungkook started coughing. Sunmi looked at Jimin and then at Jungkook but looked back to what she was doing straight after.

"Um.. I had an accident at night.." He says while rubbing the back of his neck. "Anyway, what time is it?" He asks trying to change the focus of the conversation while he took away his hand from his mothers. 

"It's already six pm, I almost thought you stayed up the whole night." Sunmi said and Jimins eyes shot wide open.

"Wh-what?.. Wait.. Then I slept-"

"Fifteen hours." Said Sunmi finishing the sentence off for him while she started to clean up the mess she had done.

"You're kidding.."

"Of course not. You know I don't joke around." She says with a serious face on. Jimin stumbled backwards to sit on a chair while he was trying to comprehend the information he was given.

But that makes no sense..

I couldn't have slept that long.. could I?

Maybe his brain needed that sleep, maybe he had to have a very long sleep for once or maybe he just wanted to sleep that long. He didn't know but what was quite obvious is that sleeping for that long only made him much more tired than he was before he went to sleep. "Jimin, your stepfather went to the grociery store to buy some ingridients for some snacks and salads. We're having a lot of guests over in two hours. I would like you to go to the store and buy some fireworks and coke or juices. I don't mind." His mom spoke up and before Jimin could reply Jungkook had beaten him to it.

"I thought I had to go buy fireworks?.." Jungkook said while Jimin just stayed silent not wanting to get too involved.

"Well then both of you can go. It's a good oppertunity for both of you to talk, don't you think that I didn't realise that you don't get along because I have my motherly senses you know." The woman said in quite stern voice but still somehow you could tell she was being gentle. "So both of you go get ready. Jungkook you just clean your hands and change that shirt that you managed to cover in creame and Jimin you go get dressed. I expect to see both of you here in five minutes." The woman said once more and both Jungkook and Jimin obeyed without another word.

~*~  

Jungkook and Jimin were already halfway to the store in which they were supposed to buy fireworks and something to drink and neither of them spoke to each other once or even glanced at each other. It seemed as if there was an invisible wall between them and this wierd atmosphere as if the air was stuffed and hard to breath in. As they walked at some point Jimins mind wandered back to when Jungkook took care of his hand, which made him question: 'Why on Earth would he do that?' once more; so he decided to just ask him. "Um.. Jungkook." He started to get the youngers attention and when he looked up to look at him he hasn't even gave him a glance. Even so, Jimin decided to continue. "Why did you took care of my wound?.. I thought you wanted to keep away from me." He asked waiting for Jungkooks response.

"Well I couldn't exactly do that if you just showed up for no reason." Jungkook replied sassily.

"True but that didn't mean you had to do anything about my hand.."

"So you're saying that you didn't want me to do that?" Jungkook sounded rather offended which made Jimin question him even more.

"No, I mean I didn't expect you to but I just thought that you wouldn't care since you said-"

"Well if you want an answer then here it is: It was a pain in the ass to see how you just carelessly ignore that bleeding hand of yours so I took care of it instead. Nothing more, nothing less." Jungkook said ending the little chat both of them had at that point. All that Jimin could do was sigh in defeat.

Soon after they got to the store and without a word they bought some fireworks and two bottles of 2 liter Dr. Pepper bottles and headed home. The New Years party would start soon.

___________________________________________________

I'm so sorry if you didn't enjoy this chapter. I personally don't like it but since I had no ideas I just wrote down whatever.

But the next chapter is going to be one of those important ones so please look forward to it!

-Yuka~Chan♥