3 : facetime + real life

Robert
Maddy
Lucy
...
'Hi Maddie!'

'Hi Junior! It's nice to see you.'

'You too. So, what I was thinking is that the virtual hug is all well and good, but I want to hug you in person. How about I fly you and your family out to New York so you can meet me and my family?'

'Downey, that's lovely but you don't have to do that. And by the way, I live in Australia. It's too far for you to fly us all out to America.'

'Bullshit! I'm Tony Stark, remember? Billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist? Whereabouts in Australia did you say you lived?'

On the other end of the line, Maddie could see Robert clicking away on a laptop.

'Melbourne.'

'And how many people are in your family?'

'Three, but Rob—'

'And, send! You should be receiving three first-class plane tickets to New York City soon.'

Sure enough, a couple of seconds later Maddie's phone pinged, and from an unknown number were three plane tickets. She quickly saved the number into her phone, then went back to protesting.

'Rob, this is awesome but I can't accept this. It's too much.'

'Nope. You are accepting them, and you are coming. So go get your family and introduce them to me!'

'Slight problem. I don't live with my family anymore. I live with my sister.'

'Let me meet your sister then!'

'Okay, but fair warning, she may not know who you are. She's not a big Marvel fan.'

Maddy left the screen and Robert could hear her calling out for her sister.

'Lucy, this is Robert. Rob, this is my older sister Lucy.'

'Hi Lucy! It's nice to meet you.'

'It's nice to meet you too, Robert. Do I know you from somewhere?'

'Probably. Anyway, I don't know if Goldie told you this, but I'm flying you to New York!'

Lucy looked at Maddie with raised eyebrows. She didn't know who this man was, and now he's saying he's flying the Henderson family across the world? Lucy was understandably a little bit sceptic.

'I'll explain later. Rob, it's been really nice talking to you, but it's getting late. I really should be going to bed.'

'That's fine, Maddy. I'll call you soon?'

'That would be great, Junior. Bye!'

'See ya, Goldie.'

[CALL ENDED]