8 : real life

A U G U S T 4 T H , 2 0 1 8
when the henderson siblings got off the plane and entered jfk airport, maddie was nearly jumping out of her skin. she had always wanted to go to new york, and now she was here. not to mention that she was meeting the robert downey jr. that was another one of her dreams.

maddie craned her neck as they entered the baggage claim, looking around for the celebrity. adam laughed, see how excited his baby sister was. after her parents had died a few days before her 20th birthday, maddie had had a hard time adjusting to their deaths, so it was amazing for adam and lucy to see her happy.

maddie had spotted robert and his wife susan a couple of seconds ago, but had lost them in the busy crowd in jfk airport. she was about to call him when someone grabbed her from behind.
'surprise!' a familiar voice shouted loudly. maddie turned and was met with brown eyes.

'downey!' the twenty year old shouted, equally as loud as rob, and threw her arms around his neck.

'there's that hug I've been waiting for,' robert said. 'it's so good to meet you in person.'

'it's been too long, junior,' maddie replied, 'too long.'

...

while introductions were made with her family, maddie met roberts wife and son.
'susan! it's nice to meet you.'
maddie smiled, giving susan a hug. 'and who might this be?' she asked, bending down to the small boys eye level.

'this is exton,' susan introduced. 'exton, this is maddie.'

'well, it's nice to meet you exton. I have to say, I am loving your shirt,' maddie said to the child. 'spider-man is so much better than ironman, am I right?' she said holding up her hand for a high five, which the little boy gladly gave.

she was pulled away from the adorable six-hear old by robert shouting at adam. she hurried over, worried that they weren't getting along, until she saw the massive grins on their faces and could hear the words being exchanged.

'what do you mean you've never had chipotle?' robert was shouting, loud enough for the whole of new york to hear him.

maddie's worried expression changed into a soppy smile. robert finally noticed her presence and wrapped an arm around the much smaller girl.

'wait until you see the hotel,' he said. 'the surprise I've got waiting there is even better.'