35 : real life

sparks flew.
it's cheesy, yes, but it's the perfect way to describe it. fireworks exploded behind their eyelids, the feel of their lips touching like magic.

maddie couldn't believe what she had been missing out on. her kisses with matt were always cold, devoid of any emotion. they were just kissing for the sake of it. with tom, everything was different. she could feel the emotions radiating from tom, from herself. this kiss was full of love.

her hand, laden with needles connecting to an IV, found its way into tom's hair. tom's hands found their way to maddie's face, holding her tightly. they pulled apart, smiles on both their faces, foreheads still touching.

"i thought I'd lost you," tom said.

maddie's smile became even bigger, tears forming in her eyes.
"i'm not going anywhere."

"ahem."
someone cleared their throat from the doorway. "am i interrupting something?" chris (hemsworth) was standing in the doorway, holding yet another bunch of flowers to add to the other three he had brought.

"yes, hemsy," maddie said, "now leave."

The god of thunder put his hands up in surrender and started backing out of the room.

"i'm kidding, chris. come give me a hug."
maddie laughed as chris practically sprinted his way over to the bed and wrapped his arms around her.

"i missed you, kiddo," he said.

"i missed me, too."

chris pulled away and began to leave again.

"wait! chris, i'm sorry. don't leave!"

chris sighed, grinned, then pulled up a chair.

"so, what happened while i was out?" maddie asked. chris and tom exchanged glances.

"well, you've had nearly the whole of the marvel universe visit you," tom said. "even the russo brothers came."

maddy went quiet. fiddling with her fingers, she asked: "what happened to matt?"

"i called the police after we pulled him off of you," chris answered. "he's waiting for his trial at the moment. nobody payed his bail."

"when's the trial?"

"in a few weeks," tom replied. his face twisted with hatred. "i hope he gets a life sentence."

"i don't," maddie said. chris and tom looked at her in surprise. "actually, fuck it. yes i do. i hope the son of a bitch burns in hell."