one

JIMIN

i hear my parents downstairs talking to each other in a rushed tone. i've gotten good at decrypting how a person speaks weather it be nervously, or trying to keep something away from another. i've inevitably gotten good at it because me myself can not speak outloud.

so i've had time to study how a person speaks and its came in handy. i can easily tell when someone's lying no and it comes in handy actually.

i walk down stairs where i see my parents sitting at the kitchen table; my dads hands holding one of my moms while she sits on the phone with a look of hopefullness in her face.

my mother sees me and smiles. my dad notices and turn to me and smiles too and motions for me to sit at the table too.

so i do.

i walk towards the table and pull out the heavy dark oak wood chair, silently listening to what my moms saying. i can hear the faint sound of someone else talking across the line.

definitely a male. he has a scruffy voice but there's a velvety tone to it. like a sour candy that melts in your mouth to leave a sugary glaze.

"of course.... love to... hopefully... great... last year... piano... monday... happy to help"

that's all i can pull out from the muffled voice between my mother's own words.

i sit and stare and listen intently as i've gotten good at listening since i was born; and look at my two parents as my mother finishes the call with a grateful "thank you so much!"

she places the phone down and takes a breath before looking at my dad and then looking back at me with tears in her eyes.

they don't look like tears of despair though, she's smiling, but it could be a smile of sympathy too...

my father clears his throat before my mother wipes her face and begins to speak as clearly as she can, she won't stop laughing...

"jimin-ah i'm so happy, i know you will be too! i've just got off the phone as you see, and the school you will be starting at this week has an amazing music course"

music? why do i need to be excited about music. i cant even sing it let alone play it. the only thing music does for me is give me a mood and a song to dance to.

"at the music course-" my mom starts again, she collects herself and punches her full cheeks with a huff from all the smiling, across the table my father emits a low soft laugh from watching his adorable wife.

it's where i get it form. all my mother.

"there's a teacher, he's 22 and he's willing- he's willing to give you free after school vocal lessons"

am i hearing that right???

my eyes go wide and i stand up quickly making the chair fall backwards with a loud thud, scaring tommy from his cat dishes with a cry.

i turn around swiftly to see tommy hiding underneath the decorative side table that holds family photos and some of my grandmothers antique cups.

i turn around again facing my parents knowing my cat was safe from the sudden attack of my heavy wooden chair being thrown back on accident.

they're smiling. it's not a joke. i heard it right.

i look into their eyes silently asking for some second hand re-assurance while throwing my hands in fast circles signaling for them to say something quickly.

my mother catches my lingo and nods the same time my father does.

with no hesitation i started jumping and running around the house with all the energy that suddenly rushed trough my quiet veins. if you listened carefully you could hear the airy screams coming out from my mouth. to many people it's quiet, but to me it's loud.

i run back to the table and slump into it making my parents laugh out loud, my body slowly slipping from its slick sides and corners because of the softened texture of my long sleeve sweater and the wood shine that decorated the glossy dark brown table, all the while my big smile is on my face and light squeaky laughs emit from my silent body.

i have hope to speak again.

Mr. Min please don't let me down.

chapter one - finshied