〚4〛

corbyn woke up the next morning seeing jonah asleep on the beanbag chair.

trying not to wake jonah up, corbyn walked into his closet and began getting dressed.

jonah woke up startled as he heard a loud thud from the closet. "corbyn? are you okay?" he walked closer to the door.

"yeah, i fell over trying to get my pants on, but i'm okay."

jonah giggled at the boy as he began walking around his room. on corbyn's ceiling, there were stars that were dimly lit. jonah thought they must be glow in the dark, but didn't understand how he missed them last night.

on corbyn's neatly made bed, sat his teddy bear. seeking interest in the small bear, jonah picked him up. he was quite soft. there was a small name on the jacket of the bear.

"corbyn? what does bl— whatever your bear's name mean?" jonah gave up in trying to pronounce it.

corbyn walked out of his closet as he spoke. "his name is blauwtje and it means blue. get it? 'cause he's blue." corbyn laughed.

jonah nodded as he set the bear down. he watched as corbyn grabbed his backpack and opened the door.

"come on, breakfast is downstairs."

"ooh, yummy." jonah spoke as he ran after the blonde.

the two made their way downstairs and into the kitchen where eggs sat on the table.

there were four seats at the table. corbyn took the one next to his mother as his dad sat across from his mother.

"jonah, you can sit next my dad. don't worry, he's nice." corbyn spoke, his parents not hearing as they were in a conversation.

jonah took his seat next to corbyn father, looking down in front of him. he frowned.

"hey corbs? where's my food?" jonah asked.

"oh. mommy, can jonah have food too?" his mother took a double take, but answered anyway.

"sure, honey." she smiled and placed a plate full of eggs in front of jonah.

before going back into the conversation with corbyn's father, his mother gave him a skeptical look.

throughout breakfast, neither of them talked. jonah and corbyn were too into eating the eggs to talk.

once jonah was done, he walked next to corbyn, sharing his seat.

"i'm not sure your mommy likes me." jonah frowned as corbyn finished his eggs.

"she loves you jo." corbyn smiled before speaking again. "mommy, jo and i are done. can you do my hair now please?" corbyn asked politely.

corbyn's mother and father looked at the empty plate across from corbyn. they chuckled as they had realized corbyn just wanted both plates of food.

"of course, sweetie. say goodbye to daddy first, he has to go to work."

"bye daddy." corbyn hugged his father before walking back to his mother.

"alright, let's make your hair all nice."

——

corbyn hopped out of the car onto school grounds, turning back to the open door.

"come on jo! school isn't scary, i promise. plus! you can meet dani." corbyn urged the boy out of the car.

"come on corbs, you're holding up traffic." his mother scolded.

pulling jonah's hand out of the car, he was able to close the door.

"i don't know about this corbyn. there's a lot of people here."

"don't worry! those are older people, kindergarten isn't bad." corbyn grabbed jonah's hand and led him inside, walking to his classroom.

making his way to his table, corbyn realized that there wasn't enough chairs for jonah.

"here jonah, we can share seats." corbyn patted his seat for jonah to sit in.

from next to corbyn, his best friend daniel spoke up.

"who's that?" he asked.

"you can see me?" jonah replied before daniel.

"of course i can see you." daniel smiled.

"this is jonah. i found him in my room last night." corbyn smiled.

"are you guys best friends?" daniel asked quietly.

"yes, but you're my best best friend." daniel then smiled.

"ha ha. i win." daniel grabbed corbyn's hand.

the whole table went silent as class was beginning to start. daniel's other friends jack and zach spoke up.

"hello mister." jack spoke first.

"who's he?" zach spoke.

"this is jonah."

"cool." they spoke up.

jonah was beyond confused as to why corbyn's friends could see him too. nobody else seemed to notice him.

"be careful corbyn, you'll fall off the chair if you're on the edge like that." the group of friends watched as the teacher pushed corbyn into the chair fully as jonah fell onto the floor.

"hey! you just pushed jonah onto the floor!" corbyn spoke as he helped his best friend up.

"i'm sorry, who's jonah?" the teacher asked confusingly.

"he's right next to me."

"oh, i'm sorry. corbyn, don't let your imagination get to you." she spoke with a sad smile.

"but they can see him too!" corbyn pointed to the rest of the table.

the elderly woman nodded with a smile as she thought of her son. she knew exactly what was happening. a guardian angel was with corbyn, giving him the friend he deserves.

"tell jonah im sorry, please." the teacher spoke.

"okay, ms. edwards. he says it's okay." corbyn spoke after consulting with jonah.

"alright you guys, today are going to be coloring." she spoke to the class.

corbyn went back to talking with jonah as the class went on.

"i like your teacher."

"correction, our teacher."