〚6〛

"daniel, how am i supposed to get home to corbyn? he left me here with people who don't even like me. it's like i'm invisible." jonah sighed as he and daniel packed their book bags.

"i can have my mom bring you home." daniel shrugged, placing his small book into his bag before zipping it up.

"she acted as if i wasn't even there when i cake over with corbyn!" jonah exclaimed sadly.

"i'll tell her that corbyn forgot his book. then, she'll bring me to his house. we can bring you home." daniel smiled.

"when did you get so smart, seavey? that's corbyn's job."

daniel walked jonah on the head as the dismissal bell rang through their ears. placing their bags upon their shoulders, the two boys walked through the hallways and out of the school. they soon made it to daniel's mother's car.

"mommy, corbyn forgot his book at school. can we bring it to him?" daniel asked as he and jonah took their seats in the backseat.

"you can give it to him tomorrow." she spoke, pulling out of the parking spot.

daniel began to panic, looking at jonah for help as he didn't want to tell his mother that his best friend was suspended.

"tell her that he needs it to complete homework tonight and he'll get detention if he doesn't." jonah whispered to daniel.

"he needs it tonight for homework. he'll get detention if he doesn't do it."
daniel's mother shook her head.

"you're in fifth grade, daniel. fifth graders don't get detention."

"uh huh, bobby williams got detention last week for one hour because he hit someone with a book." daniel reasoned.

"fine, we'll bring him his book, but you better tell him not to forget it next time. there won't be—"

"a next time, yeah yeah." daniel sassed.

"i can turn this car around and drive straight home, daniel james."

"i'm sorry." daniel muttered, holding in a laugh.

just a few minutes later, daniel's mom had pulled up to corbyn's house. "alright dani, you go and give him the book, come right back."

daniel nodded as he grabbed a book from his bag. he ushered jonah quickly out of the car as the two ran to corbyn's front door.

knocking three times, the two stood for a few seconds until the door swung open. in the doorway, stood a small blonde haired boy.

"jonah!" corbyn yelled as he pulled jonah into a hug.

"a hi could have been nice." daniel spoke.

"come on daniel!" his mother yelled from the car. daniel spoke once again.

"listen, my mom thinks that i'm giving you a book that you need, so you have to give this back on monday." daniel whispered as he handed the book to corbyn.

"alright. thank you dani!" corbyn exclaimed.

"yeah, yeah. you're welcome. bye!"

"bye bye!" corbyn yelled as he closed the door.

sighing in content that his best friend was now finally with him again, he began to walk to the kitchen to start his homework.

"corbyn matthew, you're going to do your homework and then go straight to your room." corbyn's father spoke as he then walked through the front door.

corbyn nodded sadly as he began to work, doing his math homework easily.

"can i at least play my guitar?" corbyn asked innocently.

"no guitar." corbyn's father spoke.

corbyn pouted as he tugged on jonah's sleeve. "come on, jo." he muttered sadly.

he slumped up the stairs and into his room. he jumped onto his bed, laying on his stomach as he sighed.

"i hate this." he spoke.

"it's okay, corbyn. you have me right?" jonah spoke as he jumped onto the bed with corbyn.

"yeah, i do." corbyn smiled.

"i love you, corbs."

"i love you too, jo."