〚7〛

『 4 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 』

corbyn besson was now fourteen years old and in his freshman year of high school. jonah was 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 by his side at all times.

both boys had matured greatly. corbyn had his own responsibilities, jonah had even helped out with cleaning his room. the two had also growing sense kindergarten.

jonah's hair had turned a darker brown, his eyes changing from brown to blue often.

corbyn's hair became even more blonde over time, his greenish-blue eyes standing out from the crowd.

corbyn would be lying if he said he didn't like jonah being around all of the time. having him there gave him a sense of comfort, making him feel like he didn't have to worry. he was there through it all.

although jack, zach, and now daniel find it weird that corbyn still believes in jonah, they don't mind it at all. without jonah, who knows if the happy corbyn would be here with them everyday. jonah helps him cope.

it was only the middle of freshman year, but the same four boys are still the best friends they were since kindergarten. well, five technically.

neither one of the boys wanted to branch out to find other friends. they liked their friend group just how it was; small, yet filled with trustworthy people.

"i still don't understand how some people in this school think the earth is flat. like, come on. it's simple." daniel argued.

"centreville is a weird place man." zach spoke as he placed a french fry into his mouth, chewing it.

"exactly, how can the other planets be round, but the earth is suddenly flat?" jonah spoke up, forgetting that to the others, he's basically invisible.

"retweet." corbyn spoke as he laughed with jonah, earning skeptical looks from both jack and zach.

"don't you think it's a little weird that you're fourteen and you still have an imaginary friend?" jack asked with his eyebrow raised.

"he's not 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺." corbyn paused.
"he just so happens to be my best friend." he spoke quietly.

"yes, he is corbyn. how do you expect to get a girlfriend with—"

"just shut up dude. you guys believed in him once. you're only young once, let the boy live." daniel stick up for the two boys, although he couldn't see one of them.

"come on, daniel. you don't even believe in jonah anymore. you can't be serious." zach joined in.

jonah sat back in his small seat at the lunch table, watching everything unfold in front of him. corbyn gripped his hand tightly, reassuring that everything was okay.

"i'm totally serious, zachary. corbyn can believe in what he wants. hell, you still believe in santa claus, therefore you have no say." daniel retorted.

"i— i do not!" zach stuttered and stumbled over his words as a blush fell over his cheeks.

daniel scoffed, finding it unbelievable that one of his best friends was making fun of his 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 friend for having a sense of comfort.

"you know what? fuck you, daniel." zach stood up and walked away.

corbyn sat there, shocked. he had just lost one of his best friends over something so stupid.

"goodbye guys." jack spoke as he too, walked away.

two. corbyn had just lost two of his best friends. he was more than saddened. one might say depressed, but corbyn would never admit that.

at this point, corbyn's wanted nothing more than to go home and cry.