Pretest

9:10pm

*Oranelle's POV*

I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up again, only Master was there with me.

He smirked.

"Come, puppet. It's time for you to prove yourself."

'Oh no..' I thought as my stomach twisted and turned.

'What's this going to be like? What if I fail? What if-'

"Hush, puppet."

I flinched at the sound of Master's voice.

"First, what I'm going to do is ask you questions."

"Then, I'm going to give you one of my knives..and we're going to play a little game."

"You get three tries, and three tries only."

"If I see you show any sign of weakness at all, well.."

He chuckled.

"I imagine the others told you already."

"Yes, Sir."

I swallowed hard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We came to a hallway with double doors at the end.

"Are you ready, puppet?"

"Yes, Sir"

"Good.."

He opened the door to reveal a dark room with nothing but a light shining down, seemingly from nowhere, onto a wooden chair.

"Sit." He ordered.

I did as i was told, and waited for Him to test me.

He walked off into the darkness and i heard chains rattle, then fall to the ground.

Master walked back into the light, bringing a man who seemed all too familiar with Him. Then He disappeared into the darkness again and brought another man with Him.This man also seemed familiar, i just couldn't remember where i'd seen him.

Unlike the other man though, this man didn't move.. was he dead?

"No, puppet. He's not dead. I've only knocked him out."

"Master, may I speak?' the other man chimed in.

"Yes, doctor, you may. But don't make me cut out your tongue."

"Yes, Sir..' the doctor flinched at Master's words. "His jaw is broken, and he needs ice for his black eye.."

"I know this!' He hissed. 'I just haven't had the time to stop and do it."

"Sir?" I tugged at His shirt. "I can help the doctor.. if that's okay?"

He sighed. "Fine."

"Yes, Sir."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After He left, I helped the doctor into the chair where i was sitting previously.

"My ankles are broken.." The doctor hissed.

I looked up at his bruised face and just frowned. "I - I'm sorry doc.."

"what are you sorry for? You're not the one who broke them."

"I don't know, it's just a habit I guess."

"It's okay. Now, I need you to go see Marvin.. he should be wearing a black cat mask. Give him this note, and he'll help you."

"I'll do my best, doc."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked towards the throne room, I heard Master and another man talking to each other.

No, yelling at each other.

I listened closely to their words:

"..ALL YOU DO IS KEEP THEM AS SLAVES! MINDLESS SLAVES!"

"Hush, Marvin.. someone's listening.."