◕ 10. GIFTED

A d o n i s ◕ R e f e r r o

A d o n i s R e f e r r o

"ALPHA, WE'RE ALMOST ready for line up." Otis told me while looking around our borders.

"What's the hold up?" I growled.

  Otis turned to me before looking at the sixty warriors who I had granted permission to join this trip. They all stood in a single file line horizontally.

"It appears one of our sixty soldiers is running late." Otis explained.

I let out a sharp breath before turning to Otis with a look of distaste. "And who's job was it to make sure everyone followed protocol?" My voice lowered.

  Otis nodded before heading towards the line up.

"Where the hell is number fourteen?" He questioned them.

   The warriors erupt in a series of murmurs and statements I couldn't make out. We were now running late and this was a critical mission.

"Over there!" One warrior yelled pointing to a figure a few feet away.

Otis turns to me before a nervous smile appears on his face. "I believe we have found number fourteen..."

  I narrowed my eyes at him before signaling my guards men to stand down at the borders.

"Everyone!" I yelled grasping there attention.

"We all know what we have to do. We all know the objective of this mission. We all know that at any minute of this journey a threat could find its way to us. Who wouldn't want to kill a force as determined as us?" I spoke to my warriors who watched me attentively. "All I'm trying to say is that we kill when we need to...not just because we can."

"Yes Alpha!"

"Follow Otis to the first check point! I'll be there to lead afterwards." I ordered.

   I watched closely as my warriors clear out into the woods in a orderly fashion. My eyes fell on number fourteen who seemed to struggle to keep up. I assigned number fourteen to Xavier and allowed him to join this trip due to his competence.

Also...to keep any eye on him.

The last thing I needed was to leave that man behind in the pack house...with my Farah. Keeping him busy and working under me will soon give him the message.

Farah was my mate. As the witch had said, she was mine before I had even emotionally claimed her.

The only problem was she still didn't know of both things.

    With that said, I wouldn't act to cause any harm towards the man I know Farah cared for so much, but if Xavier dared to obtain what belonged to me.

I'd kill him.

"Hey fourteen!" I called causing him to turn his head. "Come here."

"Yes, Alpha." His voice was muffled due to the mask on his head.