◕ 3. SUBMIT

F a r a h ◕ N e a l

F a r a h N e a l

"THIS IS GREAT, isn't it?" My sister Hanna says to my little sister Lina in glee.

   Lina smiles big before focusing her attention back at her plate of food. Her little fingers digging into her meal.

   I look around at the rest of the pack who were filling their malnourished bodies with fresh fruits and vegetables and other prepared meals.

   The dark was still among us but the light was still there. The light was hope. Hope that we could last another week...or another month...maybe even a year.

Xavier wraps his toned arms around me before letting out a chuckle. "I told you," he starts. "I told you things would get better. We don't need him."

I knew Xavier was referring to his father; our absent Alpha Venison who left us months ago.

I smiled at him before looking around once again. "Maybe," I mumbled. "Maybe..."

"Great for the next day or so..." A familiar voice said sarcastically.

   I roll my eyes slightly at the sight of Carson; he was a notable warrior of our pack. He was practical, serious, attentive, and obnoxious. In other words...I didn't like him very much.

"Carson, could you spread your message of doom some place else?" I snapped back causing him to snarl lowly.

"I'm just saying, this isn't going to last. You all know that, right? By tomorrow afternoon all this food will be gone. Then what will we do next? Steal back our own resources from the rogues?" I couldn't help but catch the hint of amusement in his words as if to mock our current happiness.

   My face fell, and Xavier noticing this gets up from the table and levels up with his fellow warrior.

Carson chuckled at Xavier's sudden hostility.
"Awe," He pouted. "Xavier standing up for his girl. Get a grip, man. She doesn't want you. If she did she would have let you hit that a long time-"

"Carson! Xavier!" Beta Damon yells in the background. "Start assisting the first line up! It will be light out soon."

   Carson's eyes narrow at Xavier before he turns to get a good look at me. He shakes his head playfully before walking over to Beta Damon.

I rested my hand on Xavier's clenched fists. "He's right, and it's okay." I tell him reassuringly.

Xavier raised a brow. "About what exactly? What he said about our shortage in resources or where he brought light to the fact that I can't claim you?"