Chapter 2: Hospital

Shaking and sweating ensued. Another one of my dreams woke me up, in the hospital, all alone. It's good that I was alone, at least my mother wasn't here. I wouldn't be able to stand her abuse and screaming on top of the stuff I had now. I ripped off all the cords and sat up. Beeping sound filled the air as I got up and walked out of the room away
from those sounds.

"Mam you need to get back to bed."

"I'm fine. I just want to get my stuff and go home."

"You are in no condition to leave yet. You have a concussion and just got out of a three day coma..." I didn't really listen to the nurse after that. I just kept walking. Long story short they made me go back to my room. I groaned and stared at the ceiling.

"Mam. Who is your insurance provider? And we have Gemmi as your primary contact. Would you like us to call her?"

"No. I'm fine. Just get me out of here so the bill is less. I can't afford this crap." She looked at me funny.

"I mean your mom Gemmi can...oh. Is she your friend? You don't have the same last name."

"Yeah. Don't dig into my personal life please."

"Okay Mam. But for safety issues I'm going to need you to stay in here overnight."

"What time is it?"

"11 p.m. Would you like something to eat?"

"No. Can we turn on the t.v.?"

"Yes." She turned it on and handed me the remote. I never got to watch cable tv because we could afford it. Since my mom insisted on having some tv we have a Black Friday tv and Netflix. It was better than nothing but I never got to watch it. So I flipped through the tv until I found a hilarious cop show called Brooklyn 99. I watched it until I fell asleep. When I woke up the next day I had gotten the best sleep in my life, no bad dreams and I enjoyed myself for the first time in forever. But no time for enjoying myself when I had school, and money to make. So I called for a nurse and a new nurse with a tiny waist hustled in.

"I want to get out of here."

"Yes. We've been working on that. You should be ready to go in the hour."

"Okay." She took off all the cords and needles allowing me to get up. Then she handed me my stuff in a hospital bag and I went to sign out. Technically I wasn't allowed to drive or anything but I have to. So When I got out I drove home. I pulled into the driveway i braced myself for her beating. I heard muffled screams from the house, so I was safe. I tiptoed in and to my luck she was fucking some random dude in her bedroom. I assumed the man stopped because the moment she said keep going I heard the bed frame groan. To be honest I was used to this.

"OOOOHHHH. Harder baby harder." I'm not staying in for her sex session this time. I put on my running shorts and a long sleeved shirt then ran down stairs and grabbed a water bottle. Thank God I still had the keys in my pocket or I would be in deep horse shit. I grabbed my stuff, got back in the car, and pulled away to the park. When I got there I saw families with little kids playing because they just got out of school, and it make me a little sad. But whenever I get sad I channel it into anger and I put the anger to work. So I hopped out of the car and started running on the trail. This is what I do whenever I get angry, I run. I ran for an hour until my everything burned and hurt like hell. So I stopped and took a big drink of water. Yes, this was painful but I do it whenever my mom beats me up so I was used to it. I had a little headache but I wasn't worried about my headache because the hospital pumped me full of pain meds and they were still in effect. I was in a three day coma, so I need physical exercise.

"Lynlee?" I turned around to see Chase standing there with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?"

"Are you Okay? I called the cops and I wanted to go out and help you but the store and....." he mumbled.