The Nightmare

The night was stormy, tumultuous rain hammered against the roof like bullets and water trickled down the window panes

The night was stormy, tumultuous rain hammered against the roof like bullets and water trickled down the window panes. Lightening wailed across the pitch black sky and the heavy wind cried around the atmosphere.

A loud bang to Adesua's door twitched her awake immediately. It was 2a.m in the morning. Her thoughts ran a mile, she wondered who it could be.

She flipped her duvet over and rushed to the main door. To her surprise, it was her best-friend. He was drenched, wearing a leather hoodie and a light blue jeans. He looked pale, with trembling features and dark circles under his eyes.

His pupils shook in a mixture of fear and anxiety. She closed the door behind her whilst staring at him with brows pulled together. He seemed uneasy and nervous.

"What's going on? Why do you look like this?" she asked.

In his shaking hands was a brown journal with rope tied around it, which he stretched out to her, edgy.

"Take this and don't let this happen to anyone ever again" he said in a shaky voice.

She stared at him and back at the journal. Her mind juggled reasons for his statement, but failed to come up with one.

"What do you mean?" she asked anxiously. Fear began to envelope her thoughts.

"Just read it and you'd understand!" he said quickly.

"What do you mean?!"

"Understand what?" she asked again.

Eloy ignored and continued.

"I want you to know that being friends with you is the best thing that has ever happened to me and we'd always be friends no matter what happens"

"Why are you talking like this?!"

"You sound crazy!"

"What's wrong Eloy, talk to me??!" she pressed further.

"Just don't let this happen to anyone else" he repeated.

"Let what happen??" she asked, eagerly

"The journal!" He panted.

"It's all in the journal! Everything you need to know!" he hurried the words out of his mouth as his head and eyes looked in different directions.

She hurriedly opened the journal like a hungry dog tearing through a piece of meat, her eyes tried to scan through and make sense of it all.

"What are you talking about?"

"What happened?" she asked nervously, with her head buried in the journal.

"BOOM!"  A gun shot fired.

__________________________

Hello gems..sooooo..it's too short, I know but, what do you think?
Did you enjoy it so far?
Please, feel free to share your views, it's very welcome.