The Truth

As Adesua ransacked her thoughts searching for solutions on where to begin and what to do. Her mind suddenly recalled that there was a piece of paper in Eloy's hand right before he shot himself.

Now all she had to do was think as to where the paper might have ended up. She could think of only one place and deep down hoped that it would be there.

Suspecting that they would still have belongings of Eloy stacked away somewhere, she rushed to the same hospital she took Eloy's corpse to 7 years ago.

She got to the hospital and asked all the necessary questions, she was finally directed to the coroner's office.

"Excuse me, 7 years ago, my friend was brought here for an autopsy after his death. I just want to know if anything that belonged to him was stacked away." Adesua asked.

The man scanned her and picked up a file.

"What's your friend's name?" the man asked and adjusted his glasses.

"Eloy Donald Bamidele" she replied quickly with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

The doctor began searching through the files.

"The suicide case?" he asked.

"Yes that's the one"

"It was recorded here that he had a few things. Give me a second let me call someone." He gestured and picked up the landline.

A few seconds after the call was made, a lady walked in. Adesua couldn't exactly place her finger on it, but something about her seemed familiar.

"Follow her, she'd hand over the belongings to you" he said.

Adesua nodded and followed after the nurse. With her peering curiosity she began a conversation.

"Working here must take a lot of mind and might" she commented.

"You have no idea." The lady agreed.

"I just started working here though, so I'm still trying to get a hang of it."

"So far it hasn't been that bad" she pointed out with a shrug.

"So what happened to your friend?" the lady asked as she searched through the cupboards.

"Lost him some years ago to a bullet wound."

"I'm so sorry for your loss. May his soul rest in perfect peace" she said in a comforting tone.

"Here you go" she handed over a transparent sealed bag with and proceeded to put back the others.

Adesua's eyes searched the bag without even bothering to open it. Catching a glimpse of what looked like the paper she rushed her hand into the bag and took it out.

Anxiously, she unfolded it and saw the tattoo boldly drawn with the name written across it. Above the dragon tattoo was written ALESHA OLADAPO. Adesua put it in her bag immediately and lifted her head from her bag to offer her appreciation.

She saw the nurse bending to put a bag in the lower cupboard and underneath her raising top, Adesua's eyes spotted a tattoo just like the one Eloy had drawn.

Her eyes froze wide and her mouth slightly open. She was left more astonished and angered when the lady turned to talk to her. Her eyes spotted her name tag that read exactly ALESHA OLADAPO.

Adesua's shaky eyes glossed up, her eyes looking at the lady grinning in front of her and back at the name tag. Her expression was that of speechless surprise and as she stared at the tag, her insides boiled up with anger.