one.

It was a morning full of mist. The air was quite chilly, and a certain (h/c) haired girl was hacking away at a tree with particular goal. Her blade slashed against the hard bark of a large Oak that stood a little ways from the stream.

"You shouldn't do that, you know. You're damaging the tree." A cold voice rang out from behind the female. Faster than lightning, the girl turned around and let her reflexes take over.

A boy of her age, about 6 years old, stood in front of her. His face was emotionless, which the girl only further saw as a challenge. The boy's eyes were a mystery, one a dull, shimmering gray and the other a blue that compared to a calm ocean.

His calmness sparked her competitiveness and explosive temper.

"I can do whatever I want to!" She huffed proudly.

"Okay, fine." The male said quietly, and sat down on a large, gray rock.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, FINE?!" She yelled at the boy, trying desperately to get some sort of reaction. "FIGHT ME!"

"No." He replied simply, slightly amused by her fiery personality.

"Who are you anyway?!" The girl said with distaste.

Besides the sound of the roaring waterfall in front of them and the soft rustling of leaves in the crisp cold wind, there was complete silence.

"I'm Todoroki Shoto."

"Todoroki..." The girl said slowly, stumbling a bit.  "Wait a second! Are you Prince Todoroki from the Kaen Empire?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'm [Name] [L. Name]. Princess of the Senshi Empire." The girl said cockily. "The ONLY princess."

Todoroki recalled all those times his father, King Endeavor would discuss politics with the Kingdom nobles. From time to time, the Kingdom of Senshi would come up-but the comments he would make were never good.

"My father says your kingdom is full of heathen people and that you have no concept of Government. He says that all your people do is fight battles and drink. He forbids me to go near your kingdom for fear I start acting like you savages."

The girl looked deep into Todoroki's eyes with an emotion he could not comprehend.

"We fight because it's in our instincts and our hearts. We learn the ways of our ancestors to gain their respect and replenish their pride. We are natural born warriors, and we are proud." The girl said thoughtfully. Todoroki was slightly shocked at how calmly the cocky girl handled his comment.

The two were silent for a while.

"Why are you even here?" She asked, challengingly.

"To get away from my father." Todoroki answered plainly. "What about you?"

The girl huffed out her chest in pride, grinning wickedly.

"I come here every day to practice my weaponry and read ancient poetry."

"Read some to me."

And just like that, a friendship had blossomed between prince and princess. Although they were nothing alike, they enjoyed each other's company often. After that day, Todoroki swore he would never forget that cocky, blunt, temperamental warrior of a girl.

A couple years later, two young children sat on a large rock, facing a beautiful, roaring waterfall- a boy and a girl, both about the ages of 8. The boy had snuck out of his house, as he knew his father wouldn't have let him meet his friend.

The pair didn't know what the world had in store for them-but they knew that they would take on the future together.

_______

"Shoto!" Came a whisper from somewhere in the prince's room.

"Ngh... Too early..." The red and white haired boy grumbled as he sank deeper into his covers.

"Shoto!"

"Shoto..."

"GRrrR!" A high pitched, frustrated growl was the last thing Shoto heard before he felt a light weight slamming into his body.

"Agh!" The 10 year old boy yelled. He sat up and glared straight forward to see the (h/c) haired girl who had pounced on him. She sat straddling him, her innocent face right in his.

"Shoto, shoto! Come play with me, I'm bored!" The girl whined, and pulled out a dagger from a pouch around her thigh.

Shoto stared at the girl emotionlessly as she waved it around like a maniac.

"Why don't you just go away and let me sleep?" He grumbled, and laid back down.

"Fine! We can do what you want today, but you have to play with me tomorrow!"

The boy sighed with relief and closed his eyes. The covers rustled.

"Ah! What the hell are you doing?!" Shoto asked with shock, but the (h/c) haired girl was already cuddled close into his warm chest, snoring lightly. He paused, slightly uncomfortable, but then noticed that she was warm too.

He let it slide this once as he smiled lightly at his friend, [Name], and wrapped his arms around her, ignoring the quick beating of his erratic heart.