seven.

[Name] immediately lunged in, wasting no time. It hadn't even been 5 seconds into the start of the match, and like a true predator, she had pounced closer to Momo, drawing her sword.

"I.. Will.. Never forgive you... For breaking the prince's heart!" Momo yelled between pants as she parried all the (h/c) haired girl's strikes.

Shoto bit his lip with nervousness. Momo's speciality was sword fighting, so [Name] was at the disadvantage here. She was a bit clumsy and inexperiences as she fought against Momo, but she had the drive and passion of a true fighter-even though her strikes were slightly off, she made up for it by striking many times and quickly, leaving Momo almost no openings.

As Shoto watched, he felt a shadow loom over him and he shivered in discomfort. Looking up, he saw his father glare down at him for a second before looking up to watch the match, sneering at the (h/c) haired girl with disgust.

"Look at her. She's not even holding her sword right. I wonder why she's come here, then. To make a fool of herself?" Endeavor said, loud enough for the girl to hear. Shoto suddenly felt a surge of anger rush through him. How dare his father disrespect her like that? The girl that he thought was so brave, so royal, so kindhearted and gentle, so fierce and strong.

But if she heard King Endeavor's insults, she paid no attention as she kept on fighting. Metal clanking against metal, both women were left unscathed, although they were both visible getting slightly less energetic.

"Do you know what happened when you left the prince? He stopped eating. He stopped leaving his room. He didn't go outside for 5 MONTHS. All because of you. And now you prance back, asking for his hand in marriage? He hates you."

He hates me.

He... Hates me.

Momo grinned wickedly as she found an opening. As [Name] grew overtaken by emotion at Momo's words, she striked a bit too hard, and her sword flew upwards. Her body was wide open, ready for Momo to swoop in and take a kill.

"H-Huh?" The girl said with shock.

"You've made a big mistake, princess."

"AGHH!" [Name] cried out suddenly as Momo's sword stabbed her in the side. Momo pulled back at an alert stance, watching her opponent with sharp, observant eyes. [Name] hadn't been stabbed too hard to the point where it was deadly, but there was quite a bit of blood dripping on the ground in front of her and the wound looked quite big and raw.

Weakly looking at the blood, [Name] shivered a bit. After the traumatic experience with the thugs, she had grown a slight fear of blood. While it wasn't too severe, the girl felt discomforted anytime she saw it, which was ironic. A warrior afraid of blood? However, as she saw Endeavor's shadow looming over the love of her life, she pushed aside her dark thoughts.

"SHUT UP MOMO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Shoto yelled back, and Endeavor gripped his wrist tightly.

"I told you to stay quiet."

And then, [Name] stood up again.

Although crimson blood was dripping down her hip, she seemed to glow brighter than ever. She was slightly battered, but still stood proud. To Shoto, she looked like an angel, rising from the dust.

"Don't... Ever... Talk to him.. Like that again..." [Name] said angrily, turning to face Endeavor straight in the eyes. The King only huffed and waved his hand.

"If you want to fight me, show me you can beat Momo first. If you can't even win against her... Well, then you're pathetic." He said, narrowing his electric blue eyes. "I don't know why you even want to marry my son, but I'm not letting you anywhere near him. He may be worthless, but he's mind, and I won't have you associated with him."

[Name]'s eyes went dark, and she turned around to face Momo. The black haired girl gulped a bit at the sudden change in [Name]'s behavior. The sky seemed to darken slightly, and the wind grew colder. And without saying anything, [Name] ran.

She ran swiftly and powerfully, like thunder, straight towards Momo. The knight, caught off guard, was only able to barely parry her strong and lightning-like strikes. The girl had newfound energy-electricity was pulsing through her veins. Momo panted slightly as she grew tired and battered, and eventually, her arm grew numb.

As [Name]'s metal blade clashed against hers, Momo's sword flew from her arm. She yelped in anger and defeat as she glanced back to see the blade a few feet away, which was too far for her to reach. She glanced back forward to feel a cool piece of metal on her throat.

"Forfeit." [Name] said, her voice dark.

"NO!" Momo said angrily, gripping the blade. But it was no use-her blade was strong.

"I said. Forfeit." The girl sad. Momo shivered. So this was the true capability of a warrior from the Senshi empire?

A princess from the land of warriors. She really was... A fighter.

"I forfeit." Momo mumbled, collapsing on the ground. A fellow knight rushed towards her to help her up and help her out of the arena. [Name] turned to face King Endeavor, her narrowed, (e/c) eyes hazed over with pain and exhaustion. Every breath she took seemed like a gasp because of the wound on the side of her ribcage. But she stood in all her glory. Lifting a weary, (s/c) arm, she pointed her sword towards the King.

"Now you. Let me fight you." She coughed out.

"[Name], stop! You're too tired, you'll get killed!" Shoto begged. [Name] turned to him, and for the first time, he saw crystal tears welling up in her eyes. He widened his eyes with shock-he'd never seen [Name] cry.

And now he was seeing it, and it hurt like hell.

"[Name]..." He whispered weakly, and his feet moved on their own. He ran up to her and smiled gently, a change from his usual stoic behavior. He held the girl up, supporting her scratched up body with his own. Gently caressing her (h/c) tresses, she whispered some words against him. Words that he would never forget, even as he grew old.

"I would get killed... If it meant your happiness."

Shoto's heart swelled, and he tucked the girl's face into his chest protectively.

"That doesn't make sense stupid, because you are my happiness."

The two held on tight to each other before [Name] pulled away slowly and wiped away her tears, her eyes growing steely once more. But before she was able to open her mouth, the King stepped forward.

[Name] did not flinch. She muscles twitched slightly, ready.

The King lifted his hand, and [Name] still did not flinch. And as he brought it down, she was perfectly still, ready to fight against whatever the King would give him.

She closed her eyes, prepared, but nothing happened. With surprise and confusion, she opened her eyes to see King Endeavor smiling down at her, his hand on her head.

"You have proven yourself worthy. I allow you to marry my son."