six.

Marriage....

Marriage.

Shoto's face remained blank, but a tinge of dark red spread across his cheeks like a wildfire. Marriage. What an important concept. [Name] wanted to.. Marry him.

Did he want to marry her?

Did he even think of her as more than a friend?

But the Shoto knew the answer even before that stupid question came to his mind.

Of course he did.

He loved her with all his heart, he just never admitted it to himself. He was always afraid to lose her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and hold her close, always. When [Name] wasn't around, he felt sad and empty. Their personalities complimented each other, and his mind drifted to her when he was caught off guard. When she was close, his mind went haywire. To think that she wanted to marry him... It made him feel like he was on cloud nine.

"Momo," The fiery King barked. A female knight stepped forward and Shoto clenched his fist.

"Father," He started to say, but was cut off as Endeavor angrily gripped Shoto's wrist. The boy winced and backed off.

"You will not say a word."

[Name], watching nearby, clenched her fist tightly. She knew of how cruel Endeavor was, and she was going to make sure that he would never lay a hand on Shoto again.

Poor Shoto could only look towards [Name] with fear. He didn't know if her fighting was suited to knightly ways, like sword fighting. He knew the princess in golden armor had kind of a rogue style of defeating the enemy, so to say he was nervous was an understatement.

"I accept your challenge. MOMO!" Endeavor barked roughly, glaring straight into the (h/c) haired girl's soul. But she stayed standing tall and proud, (e/c) eyes narrowed.

As Momo stepped into the arena, she fixed her spiky ponytail and glared at [Name] with pure hatred. Momo was the head Knight, and she deserved the title. She was fierce and strong, and could defeat a hundred men.

But deep in his heart, he believed in [Name].

[Name] turned around and met Shoto's heterochromatic eyes before giving him a soft and sweet smile. At times like this, he wondered how the gentle girl was a warrior. But he understood as she turned and her (e/c) eyes hardened, her knuckles turning white as she gripped her sword.

The two stared at each other with intensity as they stood in the arena made especially for fights. Shoto stood on the sidelines, clenching his fist and unfurling it multiple times. He was nervous, and he wished he could rush in there and help [Name]. But he knew that she could handle it on her own, and that his father would punish him for acting out.

A knight walked up to the center to read the rules of the duel out loud.

"A duel is about to commence between Princess [Name] [L. Name] of the Senshi Empire and Head Knight Yaoyorozu Momo of the Kaen Empire. Do both parties wish to continue?"

After getting the approval, the knight continued. "There are a couple main rules. Both parties must use only swords. They cannot use any other weapons besides the sword they present now and the use of any other weapons will be disqualified. Please dispose of your weapons now."

Keeping her sword that shone with a brilliant white shine, [Name] grumbled and reached her hand up her skirt-cue Shoto's bright red blush (as he still held an expressionless face, how is that possible?)- and pulled out a handful of weapons. Shoto sweatdropped as the girl threw about 3 daggers, a bow and a couple arrows, and even a MACE.

How did she even fit all that under her armor? Only [Name] could do something like that.

That was just another thing he loved about her.

"Umm... Okay. Are we ready then?" The knight said nervously, eyeing all the weapons on the ground. [Name] turned around to face Shoto one last time with a huge grin, and his heart skipped a beat as their eyes met.

"Shoto, just remember that if I lose, I'm still gonna marry you! I love you!" She screamed so loud that the whole kingdom could have heard her. [Name] didn't care that many ears were listening in. If it meant winning Shoto's love, she would gladly yell till her vocal chords were severed. Hell, she would even permanently give up her voice for the bi-color haired boy. To be able to live with him, love him, and let him free of his father's control... She would do anything. After smirking at the red and white haired boy's slight blush, [Name] turned around to face her sneering opponent.

"You... You broke the prince's heart. You don't have any right to just barrel back in here and propose... I'll teach you a lesson." Momo snarled, gripping her sword tightly.

"Ready... Start!"