five.

They didn't see each other for a year after that day.

[Name] went back to her own kingdom, tail tucked between her legs. She felt terrible-she had trained for years, and when met with an actual threat, she wasn't able to protect the one she loved. As she became the proper age to run her own affairs in the kingdom, she eventually became busier and busier, finding little time to leave her castle.

But every so often, her mind drifted back to Shoto... And what he'd told her.

"I love you," He had said. And every day, [Name] beat herself up about not being able to say anything back. About running away in shame. She was a coward.

She loved him. It was too late to let him know...

But it wasn't too late to make things right again.

_______

For the first few days after [Name] left, Shoto stayed in his room, barely eating. He stopped going to all his lessons. Even horseback riding, which was his favorite.

But the week after, he started to sneak out in hopes that he would see the (h/c) haired girl again. He would always go to the place they met-the clearing with the waterfall.

Every time he went, he would expect her to be there, greeting him with a warm hug as usual. Her skin would glow and would be soft to the touch when he hugged her... And his silly mind imagined the day when they wouldn't greet with only a hug, but the day when he would get to have a taste of those sweet, soft lips of hers.

But she was never there, and the clearing suddenly became dull, grey, and cold. He no longer wanted to be there in the clearing anymore, as it was just a painful reminder of the memories and good times he had spent with her.

He longed to see her bright, (e/c) eyes that were full of fiesty passion. He wanted to see her flowing (h/c) hair and those muscles that she was so proud of. He remembered her saying she was never jealous of the dainty, skinny arms that the other girls had. He admired her bravery, as it inspired him. And he never thought of her as a coward. The day she had fought to protect him... Although she may not have been able to last the whole fight, without her... Shoto would probably be dead. She was a brave and beautiful warrior... His warrior.

Shoto eventually stopped sneaking out. He stopped going to the clearing, it caused his heart to ache. The nights got colder and the days shorter. He went back to sulking in his room.

This particular day however, was slightly brighter. Even though the Winter was crisp and cold, the gentle rays of sunlight trickled in through Shoto's window, slightly warm. The boy found himself able to sigh a little with content. He sat next to the window, letting his pale skin soak in the sunlight.

It was a beautiful day. He could see the clear, blue sky stretch out to lands beyond, lands that he hoped he'd be able to explore.

With [Name].

"Ugh!" Shoto growled lowly as his heart stung. After a whole year, he still wasn't able to get that stupid girl out of his mind? Was she really that impossible to forget? Her headstrong attitude, her bright personality...

Stop!

THUMP.

Great. Now my heart is beating so loud that I can hear it out l-

THUMP.

Shoto widened his eyes as he stood up. That loud sound was definitely not his heart.

"What the..." The boy rushed out of his room and ran to the main hallway in his mismatched white and red socks. The servants had started to gather around as well, muttering to each other curiously. The thumping continued-it sounded like someone was trying to get into the large, grand door.

"What the hell is going on?" Endeavor grumbled. It was 10 in the morning on a Saturday, and the king must have not been happy to be woken up at this hour.

THUMP.

Finally, the tall 20 foot door burst open, and there she was, standing in all her glory.

Her gorgeous and loose tresses of (h/c) were flowing behind her regal body. Her eyes held passion Shoto couldn't even begin to comprehend. She hadn't grown much in the past year, but somehow she looked wiser, more mature. However, her beautiful expression held the same childishness, purity, and playfulness of her past.

He had never seen her wear armor before-but he never imagined she would look so royal in it. [Name] stood in front of him, wearing shiny, golden armor. It covered her completely except for a small bit on her stomach, and her arms. The armor was complimented with a shiny, golden headpiece that brought out her deep, (e/c) eyes.

"[N-Name]?" Shoto stuttered out. He was suddenly conscious of the mismatched blue and red socks he was wearing, along with pajamas and a simple undershirt.

"Shoto. You look handsome today," The (h/c) haired girl giggled, causing the multicolor haired boy to blush.

"Why have you come here. [Name] [L. Name?]" Endeavor said calmly, but his words held malice. A shiver ran up Shoto's spine.

The girl bowed to his father, then stood up straight and looked right into his blue eyes.

"I've come to challenge you and win your son's hand in marriage."