Prologue

(Y/N)'s POV

Bzzzzzz....Bzzzzzzz...Bzzzzzz...

I groan as I roll over in my bed to grab my ringing phone. "Shut up..." I said as I looked to see 'Earphone' calling me and 7 missed calls with it. "Kyoka...why is she calling..." I answered with a groggy hello, only to get yelled at.

"(Y/N) WHERE ARE YOU?!" She shouted as I pulled the phone away from my face. "You said you'd meet me at the entrance! What are you doing?!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, pulling the phone back to me. "The entrance exam isn't until..." I then looked at my phone to see the time. "20 MINUTES!" I shouted as I sprung from my bed and hung up on Kyoka. I ran around my room gathering all that I needed and put on a glove over my right hand and into a sling and ran out the house, hearing my mother shout from the house.

"Do your best son!" Hearing that put a bit of my panic at ease before I began running as fast as I could to get to U.A.

"Stupid alarm!" I thought to myself. "Why didn't you go off when I needed you?!" Putting the thought aside, I picked up my speed even more by using a bit of my quirk, faintly seeing my slinged arm glow a bit as I ran.

Timeskip: Jiro's POV

Five minutes to go. I could just go inside and hope (Y/N) makes it to the exam. Before I could even take a step to the building, someone ran passed me, causing me to spin a little and make me fall.

"Come on Kyoka! Don't want to be late!" I heard (Y/N) say with a chuckle as he ran inside. I growled as I ran in behind him. Once I caught up to him, I saw that he panting extremely hard as he held his arm that was in a sling.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah...just...pushed my quirk a bit...just to get here..." he said with a smirk.

"Good." I said before smacking him upside the head as hard as I could.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"You knocked me over you jerk! And for almost being late! What would you have done if I didn't try to call you?" I asked him with a glare.

"Don't know, but at least I know you care about whether or not I made it." He responded with a cocky smile. I sigh as we entered the auditorium.

"Why must you be like this?" I asked as we found a couple of seats near the back. "Why didn't you set an alarm before going to bed?"

"I did! It just didn't go off for some reason." I shook my head at his response. "Probably set it for PM instead of AM." I thought. "Either way, at least I made it." (Y/N) smiled with a thumbs up from his sling.

"Also I gotta ask, what's wrong with your arm? It's not acting up is it?" It seemed kinda off that he had it.

"No, it's all right," he said, "just want to keep it a surprise for the other students. Wouldn't want to freak some people out right?"

"I guess." Was all I could get out before loud music began playing and what I'm guessing was a teacher tried getting everyone hyped up, only to fail.

Timeskip: (Y/N)'s POV

Looking at the card in my hand, I headed over to the area I was assigned to. Apparently Kyoka won't be there since we came from the same school. Makes sense, don't want any students getting any advantages that way. I could only smirk as I looked at my right arm. "They won't know what hit 'em." I thought as I chuckled. Unfortunately I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into a blonde, spiky haired guy once we reached the area.

"Hey watch where you're going dumbass!" The guy said as he turned to glare at me.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking."

"That parts obvious. The hell were you even doing?!" Jeez, hotheaded much. He then noticed my arm in my sling before chuckled. "Are you seriously going to try and get into U.A. with a broken arm?"

"Better not judge a book by its cover Cactus Boy." I smugly said. "Wouldn't want to hurt that ego of yours once I use it."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" Cactus Boy shouted, gaining a few looks from the people around us.

"GO!" We all heard from above us. We all looked to see the teacher from before yelling at us that the exam was underway. Once the gate opened up, everyone booked it to gain some points.

This'll be my first MHA story and male reader story, hope you guys enjoy it and send some feedback. (Also sorry if some of the characters are a bit OOC. My bad.)