Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV

Watching everyone was surprising to say the least. It was impressive to see how each person used there quirks in different ways. Wouldn't expect a guy to use his laser to fly backwards and finish, even if he did mess up during it. Unfortunately, most couldn't exactly use there quirks in this, like Kyoka or that Midoriya kid.

"(Y/N) (L/N) and Denki Kaminari, you two are up next." Aizawa spoke. Finally, about time.

My competitor, Kaminari was already at our marks when I got there. "I see someone's itching to race." I said.

He chuckled as he looked back at me. "I guess you could say that. This test is having pull out all the stops."

"Well may the best man win." I said holding my hand out to him. With a smile he shook it before we got into out positions.

Kaminari's POV

"Runners, on your mark!" The machine said ahead of us.

"All right Denki, you got this." I thought to myself. "This guy's nothing but pure strength, you should easily out pace him." It may have been a test but I want to at least have a little fun. Looking over at him I noticed his demon arm kinda glowing a lightish blue. Guess he's trying to intimidate me with a light show. I felt a bit of my electricity go around me, sparking and crackling to intimidate back at him.

"Ready... POP!"

Just as I pushed myself forward, (L/N) was already halfway down the track. "What the hell?!" Apparently that light show wasn't for nothing.

"3.96 seconds." I barely heard the machine say as I got closer and then my response as I passed. "7.99 seconds."

Panting slightly I looked over at (L/N) who barely even looked out of breath.

"Damn, almost got to full speed." He said. "That wasn't even his fastest time!" I thought as I walked over to him.

"So you're not only insanely strong, but you're also fast?" I asked him, causing him to laugh.

"Pretty much, the quirk of mine can definitely come in handy." He said with a grin.

"So what, your arm just does anything for you?"

"It's complicated really. I honestly don't know everything I can do. Only one person really could but...he's not exactly around..." he explained on a somber note.

"Oh, uh...sorry, didn't mean to bring up anything." I apologized.

"It's fine, trust me. Nothing to worry about." He said putting on a smile. "Kaminari right, it was a good race and hope to hang out a bit more." He then held out his demon hand to me. I took and shook it, giving him a small smile.

"You bet (L/N)." I said as I let go, causing him to walk off. I really hope I didn't bring up anything bad from his life.

(Y/N)'s POV

Never thought I'd think about dad again. Guess it was bound to return anyways. Not ever knowing who he was, I never had anyone to teach me how to use my quirk. It was basically just blind training all these years, figuring out what I could do and seeing how bad I messed up when I couldn't do something. Granted, who even knows if this is my dad's quirk, he could've just been quirkless and I just randomly got this. Even so, knowing that I had to do this alone, kinda hurts when your "One Night Stand" father is somewhere out there doing his own thing. I looked down at my arm and held it with my normal one, debating as to whether I should search for him again. Last time I did though...I got Kyoka hurt...I don't want that to happen again.