Chapter 3

Unknown Alley: No One's POV

"It hurts...it hurts so much..." A young (Y/N) echoed through the alleyway. He sat against a wall, holding onto his bloody right arm. Looking across from him he saw a younger Kyoka laying on the ground with a large man's foot placed on her back. "Leave...leave her alone..." (Y/N) coughed.

The man let out a hefty chuckle as his blood soaked hand morphed into a blade. "You're in no position to talk kid." The man said as he put more pressure onto Kyoka, causing her to cry in pain.

"Stop it..." (Y/N) said as he tried to stand.

PoWeR...

"(Y/N)...just...go..." Kyoka let out as the man raised his bladed hand and thrusting it towards her head.

GiVe Me MoRe PoWeR!

"I said STOP!" (Y/N) shouted in anger as he sat up from his bed and thrusted his phantom hand at his wall, creating a hole once again.

(Y/N)'s Room: (Y/N)'s POV

I panted heavily as I withdrew my arm, sweat was pouring out faster than it ever had. Dammit...I thought those dreams had stopped. I hadn't had that dream since I was 10, why now of all times. From the hole I just created, the hallway light came on and my mother's head poked through.

"(Y/N) what happened?" She said before looking at me. Her face grew with worry as she saw the state I was in and came into my room. "Sweetie what's wrong?" She asked as she sat next to me and wrapped her arm around me in comfort.

"...B-Bad dream...sorry about the wall..." Was all I could muster as I looked at her.

"....Was it about when you and Kyoka were attacked?" She asked. All I could do was nod, causing her to wrap her other arm around me and hug me. "It's okay  (Y/N)...he's not around to hurt you two." She began to run her hand through my hair, in an attempt to comfort me like when I was younger. So far it was working as my breathing began to slow.

".....I don't get it....i thought it was over..." I muttered as I held my mother. "Why now...why now when I just got accepted into U.A.?"

My mother said nothing at first as she ran her fingers through my bangs. "Maybe we could go see your therapist again. Maybe she'll have some answers." She suggested. It's been almost five years since I've seen her and she did great to help me, hopefully she could do it again.

"Yeah...if we could..."

"I'm sure she'll have time to schedule an appointment with you. I'll call her in the morning and see what she could do." I nodded as Mom kissed the top of my head and let me go. "Good night sweetie."

"Night Mom, and sorry about the wall." I said as I laid back down.

"It's okay (Y/N). It's not like I can't fix it." She said as she placed her hand on the wall as the pieces of wall began to float back into place and fix itself. "My quirk comes in handy with how destructive you get with those dreams." She chuckled causing me to follow suit. "Night sweetie." She then left my room and shut the door.

I laid in my bed, afraid to even try and sleep in case it came back. I looked over at my phone, debating on whether or not to text Kyoka and see if her was up. As if sensing me, my phone lit up saying I had a message from "Earphone". Smiling a little I looked at her message.

Kyoka: hey, you up?

(Y/N): yeah, how'd you guess?

Kyoka: had a feeling. Couldn't sleep, what about you?

(Y/N): Same...bad dreams.

Kyoka didn't text back, but instead called. "Hello."

"It wasn't about him was it?" She asked, concern clear in her voice.

"Unfortunately," I sighed, "I didn't think they'd come back."

"Neither did I." She said quietly. "I can understand though, they've been coming back for me too."

"Since when?" I asked, me now being the one concern.

"Since the entrance exam. I wanted to talk to you about it but...i didn't want to cause you to have the dreams too." Kyoka explained.

"Guess we both can't get over it." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Guess so..."

We both were silent after that, afraid to speak let alone talk about him.

"Mom's having me see Trish again, maybe I could talk to her and ask if you could come." I suggested.

"Yeah...I'd like that." Kyoka said.

"All right, I'll talk with Mom in the morning and we'll set a date."

"Got it." She then paused as if debating something. "Hey (Y/N)...do you mind if you stay on the phone a bit longer? I don't want to go to sleep yet."

"Yeah same here, I'll stay up a bit longer." I said. Without even seeing her I could tell ahe was smiling. We stayed up for another couple of hours before I could hear her slightly snoring through the phone. I chuckled as I told her good night though the phone, finally letting sleep take me over.

It's been way too long since I got another chapter in. This one is a bit shorter than the others but I wanted to get more on (Y/N)'s backstory and tease about where I want to go with this, cause I got a lot planned. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and send some feedback. I'll try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible.