'Unsaid'

The atmosphere is kind of awkward, as they are heading home. New is as he always did, steering the wheel, while the other, the older, indulging himself like always, being the passenger.

New gets the air around them, stiff and cold. But the coldness isn't something physical, definitely not from the car's air conditioner. It is something else. But New knows better not to ask. Tay isn't the type that keeps something should he found it as something worth talking about. Worried, but he let Tay does what he is doing. Scrolling his Twitter probably.

"Why are you so quiet?", asked New.

"Nothing."

New knew that it would be best for him not to ask more, or to joke at times like this. He remembered the time he joked around, only to receive a novel length LINE from Tay. So he remained steering the wheel, eyes focused on the road. Of lights reflected on the road, cars taillight glimmering red.

"It just that, at some point, - I can't tell if people being delusional, or us being delusional.", Tay broke the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"What are we? Are we like what they said?"

The thoughts hit New. People teasing them together, moreover the fact that he, no longer dating his ex. People made fun of his closeness with Tay. But, he's happy like this. Happier in fact.

"I, I don't really know Tay.", he said those words with doubt. His belly churned.

"Don't get offended or anything. I don't mind about it.", answered Tay calmly. "And now, ROV!!!", he flashed a smile at New.

Deep inside, New got relieved.

The journey continued as the two, arguing the intelligence behind the game. Tay mocking the game New often played, Tsum Tsum. New justified it by saying Tay just bad at it that's why he hated it. From a quiet ride, it turned jolly. Lively. Lovely.

                __________________
New's

I honestly never think that this 'uncle' will be the very entertaining entertainment, that him being away, can entirely make my day, incomplete.

I miss his trivial blabbering. Like, who cares about Tanine in tea? Or whatever harm sugar can do to you? Deserts are bae!

But everyone here enjoys his company too. That Gun, just practically clinged himself when Tay is around. Can't blame him entirely, Tay kinda enjoyed having this sentient pet of his. Hahaha.

It would be nice if he is around. Well, my lunch later wouldn't be so boring. I got someone to tease, someone that going to be asking me all the nutritional aspect to it, explaining to me what to eat and what not to it. It can be too much for some, like a fun-killer, but I found it, amusing.

Never thought that by just thinking of all that, going to put up a smile on my face.

Sometime I do wonder, what is it really about chemistry? Well, I'm an engineer. I just got the whole physics element to it. But I guess when it comes to us, truly, we're like a totally different elements, that combined together creating another new element. Like how water can't be formed without hydrogen or without oxygen because obviously it needs both of that.
Woa? 'Together?'

Did I just think of us 'together?'

________________________________

Tay's

These guys are like social monsters! They can pretty much be like, hyped up all day when it comes to socializing and doing fun things. Well, not that I'm complaining.

So tonight these mobs decided that we should go do some karaoke. Of drinks and songs. Loud and earpiercing decibels. Voices I glad some of them are not real time singers! That would include me.

We sing and sing and sing and party. Like I said, monsters.

And here I am now, holding my phone, facing me because obviously, New is calling. We're not even talking to each other. He just doing his stuff, and me partying here.

Clingy.

I just check him up once in a while, looking down to my phone, taking my gaze away from the monitor displaying words to sing to each tune playing. He is still there, pouting. - Cute.

"Why are you on your phone P?", Top surprised me as he suddenly pops next to me, peeking on my phone.

"Eeeeeee. Wadee P'New!"

Damn~ I should've lower the brightness. But who am I kidding? This room is dark so it's visible anyway. Plus, New is just damn too fair to be dulled. 🤔

What comes next, is what I really really REALLY dislike. Well, not that I entirely found it annoying, just that, I mean come on, it's like an epidemic already. One person notices this, the whole crowd, on this floor going to be teasing me about this. Now that I'm alone, I'm doomed!!!

"Move in together already P!",
shut up N'Top!

I think I better end this fast.

"Why you have to call me so much? Go to sleep!", deep down, I don't mind it all. I just look at him, there, quietly staring back at me.

And obviously, Top is recording this whole thing. Why????😔

"Bye. Bye", I see New pouts. Unaware, I pout too. He smiles, unaware, I smile too. Just before I tap on the red hung up icon glimering on my phone screen.

"Is that a kiss P?"

Errrrgh😩 shut up already before everyone else hear you N'Top!!!!

Author's note : inspired by the events during New was away and their video call during Tay hung out with his friends. The 'move-in' story post by TopTap on insta. You guys know this. 😘 thanks for enjoying my work.