'Constellations'

Tay's

It is almost not unusual for New to call me at 2 am, 3 or even 4. Somehow I got too used to his random calls at times where usually most of the people would be in deep slumber of dreams and irrelevance. But what unusual about tonight is New asking me out, not for cakes or whatever sugar coated dishes, just plain walking around this bridge I know not off. Well, it looks rather different at night than during daytime.

"Here.", he passes me something he got from that plastic bag we got prior to our visit to the nearest 7 Eleven. Apparently, some Oishi drink, but I'm not complaining, so I just take it from his hand. Walking by his side, on the sidewalk of this bridge.

He didn't talk as much during our drive here and I know it just something I shouldn't force him to do. So during the whole drive, I was just playing my ROV. He insisted that I leave my iPad inside the car, so I did. And here we are. With a drink in my hand, and him, is that an ice-cream? What the hell? It's 2.30 am for Buddha's sake!

"You really are a Polar Bear eh New?", I shoot him a glare as I ask. Only to get a wiggle and him making his face almost mockingly at me. No words, still.

The bridge is quite long, so the walk to the middle of that two point, here to there, is rather a distance to cover. Yet, it is not a long journey, it feels like seconds. Maybe because of Einstein's relativity theory or probably just because I'm with New. ☺️

He stops and begin leaning to the railing, facing the river. Dark and glimmering, reflecting vague reflection. Made of lights, almost twinkling maybe because of the small waves on the surface. I rest myself not far from him. Just beside him. Inches away, or maybe just an inch.

Space, almost a strange concept now to me when I'm around him. Probably, to us both.

"Is there something bothering you again?", I twist the cap of my bottled drink. Not looking at him, not directly, just a short peek then back to my bottle.

"Nothing.- does it have to be something to be a reason for me to ask you out?", he turns to me. Smiling. Curved lips, and I almost unable to see the pupils of his eyes, he squints his eyes whenever he smiles like that.

"Eiii. Being smart again. I'm just worried na.", I shake my head. I hope he didn't see my vague smile.

So we lean, resting our body by using our elbows as supports, placed upon the railing, of our eyes looking upward towards the sky, oblivious of one another's expression. He is still not talking. But, that is New. Often, I'm the one with all the words. I mean, why would people nicknamed me 'Uncle' anyway? 😬

I muster all the courage of turning my way towards him. Hopefully he's not looking at me now. He seems to be so immersed with star-gazing. With his ice-cream on his mouth. Blank, expressionless.

He looks, peaceful. From the usual New, who happened to be the most mischievous, with all the teasing and blunt words. Almost having no care in this world and just be himself. Honest, not in that usually depicted as 'brutally', but almost adorable like. Him, just being him, being Hin. But never stoic, never rigid, you know, like those rocks on the bed of the aquarium. Making the whole landscape, a scenery.

Being slightly taller than him, just giving me the privilege of not needing extra efforts to look at him. Just a turn of the neck and here I am, almost admiring his profile, with occasional lights from cars passing by lighting his face in golden complexion. Unknowingly, I smile.

"I just want to see the stars, that's all.", he clarifies my curiosity. Words said softly.

I hum, as I turn my head back to the stars, of constellations I guess we both can't tell which is which. But this is not astronomy, this is just us. Of me learning about New's randomness, of his facial features from the side, that small scar on his right cheek, of squinted eyes when he smiles and him being entirely fine devouring ice-cream even at 2.30 am.

"For someone so mischievous, you sure are corny." I smile as I say that. Eyes still fixed to the sky. I wonder which way is North and East?

He lets out a short laugh.

Our shoulder brush, colliding. I guess, the space is no longer there, or maybe the warmth that draw us closer. Apparently neither is moving away.

Star gazing at almost 3 am seems to be not a bad idea after all eh?

—————————————————————————
New's
I know he would say 'yes' anyway. But I can't help it, I think giving him that drink will be more than enough to compensate his possible sleeping time. But, proven while in the car during the drive here, he just doesn't seem sleepy. With all that ROV going on.

"Is there something bothering you?"

Okay, he's worried. Hahahaha. Well, serve you right for getting into the car with your attention on that bloody iPad, with that ROV thing. Yet he dares to complain about me playing Tsum Tsum to everyone. I just dismiss him, telling him why would I need a reason to ask him going out with me.

Technically, I just want to ruin his ROV night. 😂

We walk and walk, and him being him, staying a bit behind me, not entirely alligned to me. Whenever we're in public space like this, he always acted like he is some guardian angel or something.

Probably a habit of his, or he just being a good P.

"I just want to see the stars, that's all.", well technically one of the reason, yes. But other than that, I just want to have a little time with him. Just us, no fans, no anyone. New, Tawan and Bangkok and whatever this bridge is called. 🤣

"For someone so mischievous, you sure are corny. "
I laugh. But not because it is funny. But because I got caught. This is corny.

I lean a little towards him, making our shoulders meet each other. Brushing, tapping, whatever you want to call it.

I look at him, secretly hoping that he is not staring at me back because that will make me shy for my entire life. Come on man, I just got called 'corny'!

Tay Tawan's side profile is about sharp jawline and long neck, that Adam's apple he is so insecured about, long nose and clear skin. Surprisingly, the yellow lights, making his skin glow, majestically. Without him frowning, he looks, sweeter. I like the way the end of his lips curled up when he smirks. Significant, vivid curve. Hair so black, it shades the night sky.

It's not just the stars Tawan, I just want to be here with you too. With silence, the stars, the faint sound of the boats and cars passing by, Bangkok's night. Nothing else, nothing loud. Just your presence, so I know what is the worth, being compared to all these around us.

Apparently, the sun(Tawan) rises too early today eh? Somehow I feel like my face is getting hotter, while star gazing at 3 am.

—————————————————————————-
Author's Note;
Hi! I really recommend you guys to listen to 'Paradox - ดาว' as you read this. ดาว means Stars. It's a good song and somehow, this song is pretty much inspired me on this chapter. This one, as you can see, entirely fictional. I mean, there are moments of TayNew that we never see, and who knows, this could be one of it. To be frank, I see their bond, is beyond sexuality or anything. It just the need of one another to be there rather than the glamorous 'relationship' thing. So, here I am writing in a way where everything seemed innocent. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Keep the comments going. I love you guys. Thank you!
I included the song I recommended above. Around that picture thing. Hahaha