"Fall"

Author's note : Kindly listen to the song I attached above. ☺️

Tay's

It is pretty common to have fights when you are too close. That sense of familiarity just kind of made you feel, limitless. Sometime you pull each other's legs too much without even realising that you did.

But that is where, worth, appreciation come into place. You just forget about the idea of being wronged and you don't let your ego controls you because no matter how righteous you feel, that needing just push everything else aside and you will ended up forgiving them.

'Family.' You just a nobody without them, and somehow they are a fragment that going to make you whole.

New is no different. I don't know much about how his upbringing was like, but who am I to judge? And obviously, I cannot blame him either, for he himself admitted how he has this problem with socialising, how he sometimes is insensitive because he cannot tell the difference of what to be said, and what should be left unsaid. Because to him, it is only facts and facts.

I don't know why I apologised for him, or telling people he did not mean anything harm. But somehow I saw he took his time to swallow the idea that he crossed the boundary, so before anything turned into something as equivalent to 'It is too late' kind of thing, I took charge.

Not because I did the wrong, nor was I a part that contributed to his doing, but I wanted people to not bear him any ill will.

He didn't mean it to be that way. He was just being truthful, moreover the fact that he can't socialise well, that is pretty much a recipe for disaster. In a form of a complex structured Organization, of cells and micro-organisms. But as the year passed, everyone understood him. As for me? Apologising on his behalf became a habit. But it was no mere habit, but something I think I subconsciously did, because he matters to me. As much as I want others to view me as a well-behaved person, I want him to be viewed as one too.

Because I don't want to choose. I don't want to lose. I don't want to be taken as stupid.

To put everything else on the line for a person, is like stupid vox populi. But that, is something I think I would do.
For Newwie.

But as the years passed, we learned to speak through stares, and gestures. Wordless but nonetheless, conveying our thoughts to one another, and he became docile with his words, he is no longer the person with unintended words to offend, but rather waited.

Majorly because everyone would tease him anyway. We both have the same problem, we are bad liars.

The thing about people is that they think actors are good with lying, because we can be a totally different person, but little that they know, those are nothing but a talent of putting yourself aside for a while, believing in the idea that is imposed unto you, about another person that you are portraying. That is not a lie, but an entirely different existence. Fabricated, but nonetheless not a lie.

"Are you asleep?", his voice broke the silence in this room. Amidst the small decibels that came from the surrounding, of late night traffics, faint music so from somewhere I know not of in this foreign land.

"Not yet." I answered simply. He can't really see me in the dark, can he?

"Me too.....", his voice sounded weak. Not sleepy, but almost hushed.

"You're okay?", I inquired. I turned to his side, only to see his faint silhouette, packaged in that thick quilt, facing me from the other side of the bed. "Probably the jet lag.", I told him, almost whispering. I turned to my left side too. Facing him, in the poorly lit room, somewhere in Korea.