From Here to Eretris Beyond

Perspective: Sunny

It was almost midday in the Rain Kingdom; and the sun's rays illuminated a million droplets of morning dew stuck like leeches on the leaves of the enormous trees.

It was barely humid at all, simply warm and comfortable for every dragon living within the kingdom's boundaries. The birds were trilling and squawking in the jungles, the tree frogs were making throaty, deep croaking noises, and the monkeys were partying in full swing. Every sloth napped sleepily or crawled across the branches.

And the RainWing dragons that lived in the Rain Kingdom were unusually active today, even forgoing their precious suntime to attend a far superior occasion.

Today was a wedding day.

But not for just any couple--it was the big day for what the Dragonets of Destiny and the Misfits had both labeled the cutest couple in Pyrrhian history.

Today was Sunny and Tumbleweed's wedding day.

It had been about a month since 'Weed's truly epic proposal, and every dragon, from the Dragonets of Destiny to the heroic Misfits, had held their breath waiting for their big day. Knowing just how much Sunny meant to the dragons of Pyrrhia, there were village-sized shouts of joy throughout the Sand and Rain Kingdoms.

It would be the day that every last dragon in attendance would cherish forever.

Within the confines of Queen Glory's living quarters, Sunny fidgeted nervously as Tangerine and Tsunami fussed around her, trying out a different look practically every five minutes.

"How about this, Tange?" Tsunami asked Tangerine as she placed another wreath of flowers on the little hybrid's head.

Tangerine inspected the latest flower wreath with judging eyes. It was comprised of dark blue flowers, plucked from only the prettiest plants, all laced together with small vines. It fit perfectly on Sunny's head.

"Mmm... no, that doesn't work," the RainWing decided. "Blue just clashes with the yellow, and it doesn't work."

"What about this one?" Tsunami asked, quickly replacing Sunny's blue floral wreath with a red one.

"Oooh, no," Tangerine quickly yelped. "Red is so very not Sunny's color."

Sunny rolled her little green eyes.

"Honestly, you two," she said, "this is the fifteenth look we've tried for my wreath. Before that, you argued about what scale shiner we should use, and how I should walk up to Glory's throne. Make up your minds before I go nuts, please."

"Hey," Tangerine said, giving Sunny a nudge, "it's my honorary little sister's wedding. It has to be perfect; like you and 'Weed are together."

"We are, aren't we," Sunny said, her mind drifting to her adorable cinnamon roll of a fiancé. Tumbleweed was perfect; a healer who believed in peace, a loving boyfriend, and a dedicated hero who once took on Queen Burn, even if he did lose his tail barb in the process. He was shy and adorable and handsome, with smoky grey eyes that made Sunny's heart flutter. They had been friends and lovers long before they ever met in person; before they ever knew each others' names.

And now, they would know each others' names for the rest of their lives and on to the shores of Eretris.

"There was one more idea I had in mind," Tsunami said. "I found some sunflowers; they might go well with Sunny's scales, being gold and green, after all."