New Pancakes

Garrett

"Did... Do... do you remember, well of course you remember. We kissed. Um, so, yeah..." Good job Garrett, you sound like a fucking idiot. I feel my face turn bright red, all of a sudden feeling extra shy around him.

"I remember."

"You do? I mean, yeah. Cool."

"Garrett... I j-"

"Don't say anything, don't ruin it for me... I know, I know you don't have 'those' feelings... You were just being nice, weren't you..."

He doesn't respond.

Ouch.

"It's not that."

"Oh?"

Then what was it?

"I just... We just started being friends again... I don't wanna mess that up. Do you?"

"Who says it'll mess it up?" He shrugs his shoulders, thinking about it for a moment.

"I think... I think we should work on our friendship before anything..." I know he's right and I hate it. I hate it so damn much.

"Yeah."

"Are you mad?"

"Yeah."

"At me?"

"No, God no, I could never be mad at you."

"Okay, cool... Well, also, I wanted to apologize for what I said the other night... I didn't mean to throw that personal shit in your face, I knew it was wrong. I just... I don't know, I hate him so much, and I hate that you were with him... I guess it was jealousy or whatever, I don't know."

"Jealousy? What do you mean?"

"Uh, just... You know, I was jealous of all the time you spent with him... You're my best friend and I guess I just got jealous."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So, we're friends then? I can't kiss you again?"

"I don't know, do you kiss all of your friends?"

"I could make an exception." He laughs, shaking his head. God, that smile could bring peace to this whole damn world.

"I don't think it's a good idea." He goes on to speak but then stops himself. I hated when he did that and he did it almost everytime he spoke. I wanted to shake him and scream 'just let it out' but of course, I kept my thoughts to myself.

"Well, that sucks."

"I'm sorry."

I try to act as if I'm not disappointed but I am, I should be mad at Andrew for letting me kiss him, but then again that kiss was so amazing. I couldn't be mad. He was right, we did need to work on our friendship, we'd been walking on eggshells for months now, and it was getting to be quite annoying actually.

"So, Andrew, wanna get some breakfast?"

He smiles from his spot on the couch, "I'd love to."

It felt so good to have us back, I could almost cry I was so happy. I stare as he cuts his pancakes into squares before eating them.

"Are you going to eat? You haven't touched your plate. That's not like you."

"I know. I'm just distracted I guess."

"How come?"

"I don't know, I guess... Can I be honest?"

"I'd prefer it, I think we've both done enough hiding for a lifetime, don't you?"