Chapter 5

Rachel P.O.V.

I wasn't quick enough to avoid Roy's attack when he unsheathed his sword from his scabbard strapped around his waist. I was lucky enough to barely dodge his sword, but that didn't change the fact that he could have slashed off my arm. Thank goodness that I was left with one of my sleeves ripped to shreds, but it did worry me that these were the only clothes I had on this trip, but if I was going to die sooner or later, worrying about clothes was unnecessary now.

Roy came and lunge his sword straight toward me. My mind in a state of havoc and calculations, I grabbed the closest object I could use as a weapon. I was shortly relieved that I was able to pull out the sword of a nearby pirate but that was ruined just as instantly when Roy attacked me once again, not showing a slight amount of slowing down or going easy on me.

I jumped backward before Roy could have slashed my neck with his sword. I tried to keep some distance away from him as I held the sword in front of me menacingly, but it was difficult when you were in a rocking ship and the available space was limited since there were occupied by many bystanders.

He stopped for a moment to look at me and then he laughed. The rest of his pirates also followed, of course, common sense for the crew to follow their captain. "Is that all there is to you, Pirate Queen? I'll slice that pretty little face of yours if you keep dodging my sword with that useless sword in your hands."

As much as I hate to admit it, but he was right, the sword I've stolen is useless. Aside from its visibly dull blade and mistreated appearance, its durability is extremely weak. I know just by feeling the handle in my grasp and how it moves flimsily in the air. And also, this is a sword I'm not used to.

My original sword was customized to fit me and help me in abilities I was lacking in. Its blade was long enough to help me in reaching my foes and it was light enough for me to carry it easily everywhere I go but it was dense and durable enough for it to go by without any maintenance from me all the while still landing heavy blows. The sword I was holding now was completely opposite from my own sword. I knew, in any minute, as things stand, this blade won't be able to make it through this battle. But I had to make do with what I had.

He was smirking at me as if he was already victorious, which, I doubt, he will be. Roy gave me no time to evaluate this battle before he came and lunge at me again, intent to kill visible in his greying blue eyes. He showed his frustration when his sword didn't hit me as he recklessly tried to slash me down, all which I had dodged and had left him even more frustrated.

I tried to avoid his attacks by dodging every one of them, my clothes inevitably getting scratched in the process. I didn't want to waste this sword and I knew that I had to make this one count.

In my periphery, I saw the general and lieutenant gazing down on the battle, the pirates holding them captive still there. Eduardo's hand was resting on his sword's hilt, waiting for an opportunity to stop this battle. But I knew Roy's attack patterns. He wouldn't be able to do it that easily with those pirates guarding him.

I made a terrible mistake in focusing my attention when I took my sweet time looking at the general. Roy saw that I was distracted for a while there and he had taken that opportunity to go for the sword in my hand, all the while slashing me as well in the process. I had pulled my arm back in time to avoid a critical hit, but the future was still inevitable. My hand started to bleed, my blood exiting the large gash he had inflicted on my right arm and is now currently dripping onto the wooden deck as I heard gasps all around me. But I'm too preoccupied in putting pressure onto my hand, having no intention of letting go of the sword, as I bit back my tongue to distract myself from the searing pain building up in my right arm as I watched him carefully. Roy looked victorious once again as he looked down on me, a safe distance away from me.