Chapter 6

Eduardo P.O.V.

I knew it. I knew the Pirate Queen was injured. Perhaps I was the slow one to take action. I had suspected that she was injured ever since I saw that gun with its bloodied handle. I had thought at first that it was the blood that came from that pirate captain who has attacked us along with his crew almost a week ago. And besides that, she made no indication that she was injured in the slightest. But seeing the ripped bed sheets which were hidden quite nicely and how she was caring for her right arm was all clear now. She's injured. Though the question of whether or not I should help her still hangs in the back of my mind as I converse with the ship's captain.

As we were conversing about the ship's shipment and its crew my eyes followed the Pirate Queen wherever she went and whatever she does. She didn't do much. She stayed still at her spot near the wooden walls of the ship as she looked beyond the sea. If I were to take a guess, behind her mask she must be enjoying the final moments of her freedom before she's taken under complete custody, I know I would if I was in her place.

It wasn't long when we finally arrived at the dock. Once the ship finally ported in the kingdom's harbor, every sailor started taking out the ship's crates and the soldiers all started deporting and assisting every shipment and sailor they can.

We left the ship with me leading the front followed by the Pirate Queen and then Andrew to secure her between us. I, Andrew, and the Pirate Queen all started walking down the wooden board to the wooden pier. It was a very busy day like no other but people still stopped to look at the captured Pirate Queen, her feet and hands bound by two sturdy shackles.

Everyone stared either in wonder or in anger, but if you wanted my opinion, it was more of the former. They all made a way when we walked through the path, but I know they were making way for the Pirate Queen.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw two children playing together in a game of chase. They weren't paying attention to their surroundings when they went through the gathered audience's legs and to us, eventually accidentally bumping the Pirate Queen.

I watched in slow motion as one of the children took a hard blow and was about to land on their back, but it was stopped by the Pirate Queen holding onto the boy's collar to stop his fall, her shackles jingling when her right arm outstretched to catch the boy. Everyone gasped at the sight.

I saw for only a short time that she was clenching her teeth tightly before her mouth went slack back to a straight line. After righting himself, the boy had looked up in surprise at the Pirate Queen as she stared down blankly at the young boy from behind her mask.

The boy made no action to move when the little girl he was playing with started pulling on his shirt to capture his attention. The boy, snapping back to his senses, pushed the little girl behind him and tried to give the most daring expression he could muster in front of the most wanted and dangerous criminal there is as the Pirate Queen only stared blankly at him.

A few seconds passed as everyone held their breaths. Soldiers who were stationed nearby held their swords ad guns in their grasps as the villagers all stared in bewilderment. Quickly, the boy and girl ducked down towards the audience and started running away, but not before muttering a thank you and sorry to the Pirate Queen.

The Pirate Queen was emotionless, at least, what I could see since she was wearing her mask, obscuring whatever expression she currently has. She was staring at the children for a moment longer before looking towards me, waiting for something.

I looked at her for only a short time before walking once again The Pirate Queen and Andrew followed after me and the citizens returned back to what they were doing, all wary and sneaking glances at our direction.