Family time

Harry had just finished tour. You know he's tired and very jet lagged but he insisted on flying to Texas to meet your family. It wasn't going to be the first time he's met them but he hasn't seen them in two years.

He looked very handsome getting off the plane. He looks handsome doing anything really. But his white shirt showed off his tan skin and tattoos. His black glasses hid his beautiful eyes and the black cap protected his short hair from the sun. His black jeans showed his thick thighs and blended in with his black adidas.

You were in the almost same attire except that you're ombre straighten hair went through the top of of the strap of your pink hat. Your pink adidas were brand new and they went well with your rolled up black jeans and they showed off your small ankle tattoo.

He moved so easily through the field where the airplanes landed. He moved you guys both to the parked Range Rover and put the carry on bags in the back seats. He sat you in the passenger seat and buckled you in. You let out a small laugh.

"I know you can do this, I just like doing it for you" he smiles rolling his eyes and closing your door. He proceeds to get in his side and drives off after putting on his seatbelt.

The drive to your town from the airport consisted of traffic and Harry's road rage. You tried to calm him down after and old lady got in front of him without turning on her blinker. He was fixing to get out and give the lady a few words himself.

You finally found yourself in the small town outside the big city of Houston, Texas. The two story house stood tall on 2 acres of land. There was no horses or cattle like everyone thinks there is in your home in Texas. Instead, this house is full of modern technology because your dad and mom always liked learning how to use new things people came up with.

"We're here." You sing quietly as Harry hands you a bag and tangles his long fingers with your small one. "Finally" he mumbles pulling you in by the waist and ringing the doorbell.

"Oh Harry dear!" Your mom greets hugging him as your dad smiles and hugs you as tight as he can. "Dad.. can't.. breathe..." you fake cough as you smile.

"Oh darling. Ain't nothing my daughter can't handle. Harry, son. How are ya?" He smiles bringing him in for a man hug. Clap the hands and pat the backs.

"Good, thanks for asking. How are you guys?" He asks as your parents push you in the house. You leave them to talk as you take the bags and run up the stairs to your old bedroom. It still had the peach colored walls and a featured wall with gray stripes. Pictures from your high school and college years were hanging off your fairy lights around your room. Your white furniture was left untouched just like every single decoration on your dressers. There was still no dust in sight and at that moment, you were glad your mom loved cleaning.

"Missed your room?" You hear your moms soft voice. You nod and let out a sigh. "This is is my fresh air away from California. Some part of me wants to come live back in Texas. The air is so clean here. I doubt Harry would like that idea though." I shake my head setting the bags on the hardwood floor and start opening the zippers.

You start to unpack the bags and places 2 weeks worth of clothes in the drawers and on hangers. "If that's what you want, you should at least tell him." She says taking my bag and starts separating my clothes helping me place them in the empty drawers.

"His life is California now. I have to stick to with what my husband wants." I laugh at my own words. I sound old school but I couldn't bear not living with my own husband. I would follow him to the end of the world if it made him happy.

"I'm sure he'd want you to be happy." She says responding to my unspoken thoughts. "Yeah. But I'm not here to start arguments. We came for barbecue and tacos." I laugh shutting all the drawers and stuffing the bags in the closet.

I found Harry eating a bowl of cereal with my dad in the movie room already thirty minutes into Mission Impossible. Harry was adorably biting into the banana in his cornflakes. He was focused on the movie that he didn't hear me move behind him on the couch. I grab his face and lean down. "Going to head back upstairs and go to sleep. Enjoy the movie." I whisper kissing his scruffy cheek. "No watch it with us," he pouts looking up.

HOW CAN I SAY NO?!

I nod forgetting about how tired I and and sit next to him. I cuddle into his arm and breathe into his sun kissed skin.

He's my home, no matter where we are.
________________
Pt 2 coming soon 🤪