Chapter 1

Marinette ran. she ran as fast as she possibly could. He was close. Too close. She could hear his menacing laugh as she dodged unparked cars and abandoned buggies. This wasn't good, her legs already feeling the unbearable strain from running around the streets of Paris in flats.

What was Marinette Dupain-cheng running from you may ask? Well an akuma was chasing the poor girl. Why an akuma was chasing her? The reason still unknown to her. Hr only hope was that she would survive this ordeal long enough to actually get the chance to apologise to the person she had unwillingly pissed off. She had a massive stitch in her side and her head was pounding but she still ran, hoping to cover enough distance to hide and catch her breath.

Said akuma had only found the young baker a few minutes ago, shooting lasers from the ring from his finger the second he had laid his eyes upon her. Marinette, who was desperate to do everything in her power to escape in preferably one piece was doing things that she would have never dreamed she could do without her miraculous aiding her. She was expertly leaping over cars and front flipping over bins and mini signs. 'Damn, I never knew I was this acrobatic!' Marinette thought excitedly before yelping when a laser nearly hit her in the arm.

She looked around only to see the akuma a few metres away from her, her heart nearly dropped out of her chest as he pointed his ringed finger at her again.

She look forward again, nearly running into a bin as she jumped over it. It was times like this that she wished her stupid, feline partner was here. It was as if he would pick and choose when to appear, choosing not to show when she really needed him, but thought his presence was required when she could handle everything on her own. But she knew that behind all the flirts and ridiculous puns, he was really smart, and wouldn't leave her if he knew she was in a life or death situation. 'So why hadn't his brain clicked and come to where the akuma was blowing up cars in a poor attempt to stop me?!' She thought aggressively.

As if on cue, a black figure was seen on a nearby rooftop, and her lips formed a relieved smile. He was finally here. The dumb cat was finally here. she relaxed a bit only to tense up again when a discarded buggie blew up next to her. Right, the akuma was still there. And she was still being chased.

——————

I just want to make one thing clear...

So don't try to ask me what is going to happen next

So don't try to ask me what is going to happen next. You will find out in due time.

Anyways, I'll update as soon as I can. Stay pawsome! 🐾