Chapter 7

This picture has something to do with the following chapter

———————————

The blunette ran like the wind, leaping over cars and flipping over discarded items. She was, again, awed by how flexible her body was. Being ladybug had it's perks it seemed.

"Chat noir, if you can hear me, where the hell are you" She frantically shouted while she expertly  slid underneath a bus that was in her path

At the same time as this is happening, somewhere in Paris.

Chat Noir jumped a bit as he felt his baton buzz. He took it from the small of his back, his features widening in shock and fear as he saw that Marinette had clicked the button. She was in danger.

He immediately got up from his position leaning against a wall and began going to the location his baton calmed his princess was in.

'I need to save her'  Were the last thoughts Chat thought before jumping onto a roof towards the destruction he saw in the distance.

————————

Quick message.

Marinette can't transform because tikki is with master fu, because they both had to go to the elder guardians. Basically master fu's bosses.

Until then Marinette just has to rely on Chat to keep her safe. Many people in the comments have been asking why she can't just transform, and I'm sure I already mentioned it in a previous chapter, but whatever. Now you know.

————————

"Princess!"

"Chat!"

Marinette jumped onto him, taking him by surprise. She hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. Eventually she did, giving Chat the go ahead to vault her across countless rooftops to get away from the threat. She smiled gratefully at him, then proceeded to shut her eyes, the lash of the wind on her face making them water.

Once he deemed them safe, he carefully dropped her, before grabbing her by the shoulders; his eyes filled with evident worry. 

"Princess, are you ok?" He asked, guilt and concern laced in his voice. She just smiled.

"I'm ok kitty."

"No your not!"

Marinette stared at him, shocked, by his sudden outburst. She looked at him, perplexed, before he carefully wiped some blood from her cheek. It was then she realised his obvious concern.

When she looked down, she saw bruises up her arms and cuts here and there. There wasn't a lot to consider immediate medical attention, but still concerting nonetheless. There was a pretty deep cut on her cheek, from when she slid underneath the bus and cut her cheek on a bit of broken glass.  

The other cuts and bruises down her arm were from the akuma, firing different potions at her, some bruising her, some cutting her and some just making her light headed. 

The young designer winced when he attempted to lift her poor arms to get a closer look at the damage and hissed when he immediately dropped them.

"I'm so sorry princess." he whispered.

"It's not your fault kitty" She tried to reassure him. 

Chat Noir's face scrunched up in frustration.

"Don't you see? It is!" He shouted, guilt and shame in his eyes, "It was my job to protect you from hawkmoth and yet I still left you alone. I should of stayed, supervised you even, so when you went for a walk, I could of come. Then when the akuma attacked, you wouldn't have to risk your life, trying to get away. It's my fault that you're hurt and I'm so very sorry princess. The knight failed in his duty to protect his princess. I care for you Marinette, and I let you down."

All Marinette could do was stare. Stare at him, taking in all of his features. How his blonde, messy hair shone in the sunlight, and how his green eyes reflected the beauty of an evergreen forest. And how his skin was soft and creamy with not a speck of imperfection. How his jawline could make any girl swoon. He was the definition of perfection. He was the definition of handsome. He could make any girl his with one cheeky smirk. 

And yet, this handsome young man was concerned about a simple, clumsy and insecure girl like her? As much as she hated to admit it, he desevered someone like Chloe or Lila. Who was beautiful in every way and could give him everything he could desire. They had the looks, the money, the fame, and her... she had nothing. 

All she had to give was her compassion and a few pastries here and there. She immediately started to tear up, pulling Chat into a clumsy embrace.

"Oh my Chaton, you did the best you could. You couldn't have known what hawkmoth was up to and you couldn't of known there would be an akuma. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but that's what makes us human. You tried your best, and that is what matters. I will always be there for you kitty, even though it isn't my job. Because I care for you too Chat. I care for you so much and it pains me for you to look so guilty." The baker whispered to him.

She rested her forehead on his chest, tears threatening to cascade down her face as she continued to lightly whisper.

"You came as soon as you knew, didn't you? And I am forever thankful for that. But you need to realise that I can take care of myself. Even if I do get hurt along the way. And the knight didn't fail in his duty, the princess did. If the princess was paying more attention to her surroundings then maybe it could of been avoided. Who knows? But that's in the past now. We need to move forward. We won't be able to live out future if we're stuck in the past. You don't have to apologise petite Chaton, you will always be my knight in shining leather."

Marinette looked up to see a crying Chat. She smile lovingly at him. She leaned in, their lips just inches apart. He looked shocked at first, but closed his eyes, awaiting the impact. But it never came.

A pair of hands wrapped around her, ripping her from Chat's warm embrace. She screamed in shock and pain as it's claws sunk into her already bruised skin. Terror and fear filled her blue orbs as she felt herself in the grasp of an unknown person. Who could it be? Who could of possibly made it all the way to a roof and manage to get the drop on not only her, but Chat too- The Akuma.

The Akuma had found out where they were. Marinette was petrified. But not because of the Akuma. Oh no. She was scared for the Akuma, funnily enough. The way Chat looked at the Akuma was unnerving all in its self. He looked like he was ready to kill.

"Give me back my princess!" He screamed, getting into a fighting stance.

"Come get her little kitty." Was all Marinette heard before pink gas invaded her nostrils and caused her to black out. Darkness overwhelmed her senses. She was out like a light.

—————————

Dun dun dun!!!!

Cliffhanger!!!!