Chapter 12

This picture has nothing to do with the following chapter
In the bus again to school so it'll be short
————————
Chat jumped from roof to roof, and after a while came to a stop in front of my parents bakery.

He stepped inside, the customers gawking at us as my mum and dad tackled me into a bear hug.

"Oh my baby" my mum sobbed into my arm
"Don't you ever scare us like that again" my father said.

I hugged them back as the customers applauded and cheered at our reunion.

Suddenly, dad let go of me and stomped over to chat, making him give a quiet wimper.

" now son, we saw the news and we saw what you did to our daughter" he took a deep Breath before continuing, "treat her right otherwise your cataclysm won't be able to save you"

Then he went behind the counter with my mum, finishing up an order.
Chat and I just stood in shock at my fathers bold words.

"Uhh, yes sir, I must go back see to it that everyone is out of the fire" chat said before jumping through the door and towards the still ablaze fire.

My mother came from behind the counter in front of me, and started to carefully inspect my face and body.

She gasped at how many bruises, cuts and burns that were on my body.
"Tom, pass me the med kit" she instructed, my father going on the back to fetch it.

When he came back, she started wiping at my cuts, making me wince and hiss in pain, in the middle of the bakery.

Customers watched mum do her magic and I just watched them gawk.

She wrapped a few bandages on me before declaring I was finished.

"Well, I'm beat, I'll go upstairs and sleep" I said before going upstairs.

As soon as I made it to my room, I switched on my computer and clicked on the news app. As expected, the fire was the front page.

I watched clips and read intently. I was about to call it a night when I head my name being said by the reporter.