Chapter 3

The picture has nothing to do with this chapter. I just like it. 😁

————————

As Chat and Marinette walked through the school doors, the remaining students hurrying to their next class stared at them in blatant confusion and amazement. The baker could already hear the gentle whispers of students gossiping to their friends.

"Is that Marinette with Chat Noir?".

"What he doing with her?".

"Are they dating?".

Marinette quickly took Chat's hand and pulled him along, making him startled and nearly tripping up. Once they both got to her (and his but she didn't know that) class room door, she turned around to see a slightly flustered Chat.

Realising she was still holding his hand she hastily removed it and cleared her throat bashfully.

"Ok Chat, just be honest with my teacher about our situation and please, don't make too many puns" She told him, the last part coming out more as a threat than a request, although the cat in question didn't particularly mind.

"Of course purrincess, mew having nothing to worry about, I will be on my absolute pawfect behaviour", He replied calmly. The blue eyes girl just sighed and walked through the door, not before grabbing his hand again making him turn a light shade of red.

"Sorry I'm late!" Marinette had all but shouted bursting in with Chat right behind her.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng look at the time! You are 2 hours late!" Miss Bustier exclaimed, obviously fuming. The designer gulped down the lump in her throat and opened her mouth to tell her why she was so ridiculously late, when Chat walked in front of her, diverting everyone's attention away from her to him.

"I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused but it was my fault Marinette was late to class" Chat said puffing out his chest slightly. For some reason, It made him look more manly in Marinette's opinion, not that she would ever tell anybody, especially him as his ego would fly through the roof. Or combust. Whichever one came first.

"You see, there has been an increase on the number of Akumas lately and it seems they have all been targeting Marinette" he explained, "Ladybug and I have discussed and agreed that one of us should be with her at all times to make sure she doesn't get hurt".

"Liar" Marinette thought "you didn't tell Ladybug anything".

"She is late because another akuma was after her and I had to save her".

"Well, if that's the case then you may both take a seat" Miss bustier looking a bit flustered and put out. "Alya for the time being can you sit next to Nino while Chat Noir sits next to Marinette, Adrien won't be in for a couple of months due to a fashion convention in Madrid".

Marientte sighed sadly, an action that didn't go unnoticed by the feline next to her. A whole month without seeing adrien was like a nightmare to the girl!

"Ok" Alya said, wiggling her eyebrows at Marinette before moving to sit in Adrien's seat, fist bumping Nino when sat.

"After you princess" Chat gestured towards the seat, smirking and winking at the blunette.

Everyone collectively gasped at the nickname Chat had branded Marinette with, making her scowl. She didn't need more rumours about their relationship circling around the school.

"I told you not to call me that" She groaned, face pink from embarrassment.

"Yes you did, but I didn't listen.... princess".

She groaned again, Alya laughing and Nino looking at them with a dazed expression. Obviously he hadn't caught on yet and probably wouldn't, the boy being known for how dense he was. But not as dense as Adrien, nobody was as dense as Adrien.

Marinette made her way to my seat, Chat sitting in Alya's spot. They started the lesson as usual but halfway through Miss bustier asked if Chat would like to do some work with the rest of the class. He said yes, and said that being a superhero meant missing out on a lot of school and he needed to catch up.

And that's why Marinette was sitting in Miss bustier's classroom filling in a pop quiz sheet with Chat doing the same next to her.

She had to admit, she did peek at his answers more than once, finding out that Chat was actually pretty smart in French Literature. She think he knew she was copying him because every time she had leant her head to look, he smirked.

When they only had five minutes left, she tried to look again but he put his hand over the last two, making her sigh in frustration. Miss bustier gave her an annoyed glance, making the girl hold her breath.

Chat chuckled under his breath and removed his hand, revealing the answers. She gave him a quick, grateful smile before writing them on her own sheet. He could be a tease sometimes but at least he was kind enough to share his answers.

When Miss bustier announced that the quiz was over and to put down out pens, Marinette muttered a thank you under her breath and he smiled at her. But to her surprise and pleasure, it wasn't one of his playboy smirks, it was a warm, genuine smile.

She felt her heart skip a beat at the sudden change of actions and I cursed her tummy for filling with butterfly's. (Or should I say moths?! No? Ok I'll go now...)

Why was she feeling this way over that damn alley cat? She looked at him only to see him engage in a conversation with Nino about music. It seemed he had a good knowledge of music too, as every song and remix he named Nino screamed in delight.

That cat was full of surprises. So he's really good at french literature and he enjoys music. Although she didn't want to admit it to herself, she really wanted to get to know Chat a little bit more.

And for the first time, she wondered who exactly was behind the black mask, leather and cat ears. Was he shy or confident? Was he popular or unpopular in his school?

"He must be popular " she thought to myself, "with a jawline like that, he has to be drowning in girls".

She quickly shook that thought out of her head, blushing with shame. She really needed to get her head out of the gutter.

She knew if she accidentally let it slip that she thought he looked like a divine being, she wouldn't be able to live down. She could already imagine his face as the words left her mouth. A smug smirk on his lips and his eyes sparkling with mischief. The same eyes Alya has when she has a plan to set her and Adrien up or found out the location for the next akuma.

When she finally snapped back into reality, she realised that she was looking at him intensely. She quickly turned her head in the other direction, a blush coating her cheeks once again.

'Oh dear god please help me through this day!' Marinette thought desperately.