Chapter 1

(Kol's POV)

I start my new life in a moving, pitch-black box. I try-and fail-to get on my feet. Well...that was harder than I thought.

About ten minutes later, my eyes adjust to the darkness. I grab onto one of the many boxes and pull myself up. That doesn't last long, because the box comes to an abrupt stop, making me lose my balance again. I start to hear voices...all of the boys. The top opens, revealing a group of about twenty teenage boys about my age. From the voices, though, I know there more...maybe sixty? "Newt, go get him." one of them yells.

A boy with dark blonde hair and brown eyes jumps down to me. "Well, mate? Are you going to get out of this box or what?" he has a British accent. I guess he's Newt...?

"Yeah, of course." That's when I have an idea. I jump and grab onto the edge, pulling myself up.

"Now, that's a first," Newt says. "I've never seen a Greenie so excited before."

"He was just showing off." another boy cuts in, walking over to Newt.

"Gally, stop being rude."

"He isn't being rude," I say, "he's right."

Gally moves a piece of his black hair out of his face, his jade colored eyes narrowed at Newt. "See? Even the Greenie agrees with me."

"Whatever, Gally. This is why you have no friends-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yell. "I bet he has friends, but you're just not one of them."

Newt grabs me by the arm and away from Gally. I get a peek at his watch-6:15 PM. "Greenie, if I see you before morning, you're dead." he turns and runs off to the box.

Something about that time on his watch bothers me...Why does that time bother me so much?!

Little did we all know, that time the next day changed everything.