It's time to leave

You were daydreaming on the windowsill when Logan returned with the bucket of water. He tapped on the window to get your attention, scaring you out of your wits and sending you to the floor.

He tried to hold back his giggles as he set the bucket of water down. "Y/N, I got the water for you if you want to wash off now. We have to leave soon." He said, grabbing his discarded shirt from the ground and shaking the pine needles from it. He slipped it on and brushed it off again before gazing over his shoulder.

You shook your head and got to your feet, sheepishly walking out the door to where he was standing. "O-Okay. Why do we have to leave so soon? It's really nice up here." You asked, admiring the sunlight filtering through the branches of the pine trees.

Logan sighed, looking back at you with a concerned look. "We can't stay in one place for too long or else they'll find us. I want to keep you safe, it is my fault that you got dragged into this anyway..." he mumbled, scratching his jaw before walking back into the cabin.

"I guess that makes sense." You replied, glancing down at the bucket of water sitting at your feet. You could only imagine how freezing cold that water must be, but you desperately wanted to get the dried blood off of your body. "Here goes nothing..." you murmured, slowly taking off your shirt.

Logan knew that he shouldn't look outside while you were washing, so he busied himself with gathering all the things he was going to need on the trip: a pack of matches, a spare set of clothes, some loose change, the leftover jerky from last night, and a few other things.

He stuffed all of those things into a backpack that he had found on the way here. He zipped it shut and sighed, gazing longingly at the empty cabin before him. "I'm gonna miss this place..." he mumbled to himself, kicking aside a burnt piece of wood that was laying on the floor and turning around.

He listened carefully, coming to the conclusion that you were done washing and it was safe to come back outside. He opened the creaky wooden door, shutting it behind him and clicking the lock into place so that no one could find his trace in there. "Alright Y/N, you ready?" He glanced up from the door handle and stared at you in awe.

Your beautiful hair seemed like it was golden in the sunlight as you waved it around. You were in the moment until you noticed him staring and blushed wildly. "How long were you standing there?"

Logan seemed to snap out of his trance, his cheeks flushing pink as he hoisted the backpack up onto his shoulder. "Uhhh... not long at all. I was just asking if you were ready to go.." he gulped nervously, hoping that you didn't notice he was embarrassed.

You squeezed the remaining water out of your hair and tossed it over your shoulder, your shirt becoming damp. "Oh, yeah I think I'm ready. Thanks for the water by the way." You flashed a grin at him, giggling when he turned red.

Logan scratched the back of his head and chuckled, starting to walk off into the woods. "No problem. I'm sorry that it isn't a real shower, but it's the best I had. Follow me." He gestured to you with his hand, waiting for you to follow.

Your shoes crunched the dried pine needles and dead grass beneath them as you trotted after him. The fresh mountain air invigorated you and you felt happy.

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.