Recovery period

You managed to find a small doctor's office down the street and brought Logan into it. The pain in your leg was steadily growing worse, but you ignored it. Logan was in worse condition than you were.

While the doctors were working on getting the bullets out of Logan's body, a nurse helped you over to a table and you laid down. They put both of you under so they could work quickly and not get mauled, based on the fact that they saw your bloodstained nails and Logan's claws.

-A few hours later-

You eventually woke up, blinking slowly and glancing around. You were still in the doctor's office, but you were now laying on a bed next to Logan's bed. Your leg was bandaged up well and the blood had clotted.

Logan had bandages across his torso and his shoulder, small bloodstains seeping through them. He was still pretty out of it, but you could hear him mumbling things. Suddenly, he shot upright and unsheathed his claws, baring his teeth and glaring around.

"Logan! Logan, it's okay! It's just me!" You said, holding up your hands and trying to calm him down.

He looked at you and relaxed, sheathing his claws and sighing heavily. "Ugh.... stupid nightmares..." he grumbled, rubbing his head and groaning.

"Nightmares?" You asked, tilting your head. You turned onto your side so you could face him, wincing at the dull pain in your leg.

"Yeah, bad ones too. I have em' every once and a while..." Logan mumbled, leaning back against his pillow and sighing.

"Oh... that's not good.." you murmured, feeling bad for him. You wanted to go over there and lay with him, not caring if you got blood on your shirt or not. "Can I.... can I come over there and lay with you? Maybe it'll help you sleep.."

"No." He simply replied, still having bad memories of the last nightmare he had.

"Aww come on, please? I only want to help." You asked again, your pleading eyes boring into his forehead.

Logan groaned and sighed, moving over and making room for you. "Fine, but don't get too comfortable. We need to leave once we get enough rest. It isn't safe here anymore."

"Calm down and take it easy, you're too tense." You chuckled, sliding off of your bed and limping over to his. You pulled yourself up next to him and got comfortable, smiling gently. You placed a hand on his non-injured shoulder and gently rubbed it, scooting closer to him. "Relax your nerves..."

Logan sighed and closed his eyes, his body soon loosening up as he relaxed under your touch.

"There we go... now go to sleep..... I'm right here...... You are safe..." you murmured, waiting until he fell asleep before closing your eyes.

Logan was soon sound asleep, snoring lightly. He laid his arm loosely across your side, pulling you closer and sighing heavily.

You smiled, snuggling closer to him and drifting off to sleep.