Ch 3 - Noted

I wrapped another layer of duct tape around the horn.

This would scare the hell out of her.

It was only appropriate that the daughter of a king be greeted by a welcoming trumpet. Except, we didn't have trumpets. Just air horns. That nicely fitted behind her door. When she opened the door, it would sound off and she would scream. Her heart would pound. She would be frustrated and upset. She would find out I did it, and probably yell at me.

And that's how I would start my relationship with my future sister-in-law.

Was my brother really going to marry a complete stranger? Why did kings have arranged marriages anyways? They didn't derive any pleasure from it. Neither did their wives. It was just a lifetime of misery and pain for both sides.

They could have just refused. That's all they had to do.

I put my hands in my pockets, looking over my handiwork. It was good. The perfect amount of tape, the perfect location.

I opened the door to test it.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yep. Perfect. Of course it was. I did it.

I left her room and whistled as I walked down the castle stairs.

"What trouble are you making now?" a voice said below.

My cousin, Jimin, leaned against the rail at the bottom of the staircase. His eyes wandered between me and the guest room.

I rolled my eyes. "Is this your castle? Do I have to answer to you?"

I tried to walk past him, but he pulled me back by my sleeve. "It's not me you should be worried about. Jin won't be too happy with you."

I shrugged. "My brother and his new clueless fiancee aren't my issue. There's no reason for him to be engaged anyways. It's dumb for a king to follow marriage traditions at a woman's expense. Especially if he doesn't love her."

Jimin let out a long exhale, glaring at me. He knew what I meant. I wasn't going to feel bad about it, either.

"Lucky for you," he said, "you won't have to experience betrothal. That's only for future kings."

He meant to cut me, but I laughed. I had no desire to be king. It was a stuffy job for men that had to say all the right things and keep a straight face while doing it. He and Jin could keep that nonsense for themselves.

"Says the guy who's never in his own kingdom." I replied. "Go home, Jimin. There's only one king here. It isn't you."

"Nor is it you," he replied. "So quit making trouble for everyone."

I was the one causing trouble? He practically lived here, lounging around, eating our food, flirting with the workers, not even thinking about his responsibilities back in his own kingdom.

"I'm not the one mooching off my family," I said. "I actually belong here, unlike some people."

"You're the most useless body in this castle."

"We have empty suits of armor that do more in this castle than you do."

Jimin threw his head back, half groaning, and half laughing. "You really need a lesson in respect, Jungkook."

"I only respect people better than me." I said, shrugging. "It's not my fault you don't meet those requirements."

He lifted an eyebrow. "Care to back that up?"

I stepped into his space. "Any time, any place. What do you want? Taekwondo?"

He rolled his eyes. "That's your expertise. This time, we do mine."