Ch 33 - Arrested

Taehyung held Y/N the entire way home.

Bold little bastard. I couldn't scold him for it, either. Y/N was trembling in his arms, her eyes shut. She leaned on his shoulder as he patted her hand.

Did they have to sit like this in front of me?

But what could I even say? Y/N was so battered. The cuts and bruises on her face were bad this time. A dark bruise across her forehead and around her left eye... The same cut from the night of the festival... The cuts on her hands...

If I hadn't had left her by herself, this wouldn't have happened.

By the time we arrived back at the castle, Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and even Jimin had gathered in the parlor room.

When Y/N walked in the room, everyone's jaws dropped. Mine tightened.

Jin stood from his seat, walking towards her.

"Y/N..." he whispered. "Good God, what did he..."

His hands reached up for his face. She winced as he touched her skin. I winced with her. She was hurt. Did he have to touch her?

Jin shook his head, then put both his hands on her shoulders, like he was going to embrace her. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I shouldn't have allowed you to go..."

"It's not your fault," she replied.

No... It was mine.

He sighed. "I'll call for the nurses. Wait here."

He lowered her to a chair next to the door. Taehyung kneeled beside her, keeping a hand on hers for comfort. At least, I think it was comfort. But she had cuts on her hands too. Did he have to keep touching her? Did everyone have keep touching her?

"That vein is going to burst out of your neck," Namjoon said, nudging me from his seat. "Sit down."

I shook my head. Sitting was too difficult. There was too much energy in my body. I wanted to hit things. I wanted to yell. I wanted to run around the castle grounds until I collapsed.

The nurses came and bandaged her. Nothing was broken or seriously damaged, other than our reality.

I turned to Hoseok, who was rubbing his face with his hands.

"You wanted to hire an ex-felon, huh?" I growled at him. "You just had to give him a second chance?"

Hoseok looked up at me from his hands, his eyes narrowing.

"Don't start it, Jungkook." Namjoon said.

"No, I want to hear again how Yoongi was becoming an outstanding part of society."

"Jungkook - " Jin warned.

Hoseok nodded, the lines in his face deeper than usual. "Had I known this would happen, I wouldn't have pushed for it."

"Weren't you supposed to be protecting her?" Jimin threw at me. "You're not blameless here, you know."

I put my tongue in my cheek, trying not to cuss him out.

"That's enough." Namjoon said. "None of us knew what was happening."

"The next time I see that son of a bitch, I swear to God --"

"Calm down, Jungkook." Jin said.

I couldn't hold back my energy anymore. I paced the room, trying to decide how I'd break Yoongi's face in. Every time I looked at the bandages on her face... I wanted to destroy someone.

"I just don't understand." I replied. "For so long, him and Hoseok – why would he — how could he –"

I couldn't even find words anymore.